eight

corinne westbrook

i woke up with an empty spot next to me in the bed as i heard the sound of the shower running. jack must be taking a shower.

as if on cue, the shower stopped and out came jack with a towel around his waist.

my eyes landed on his perfectly toned abs and biceps. the water droplets all over us body only made him look better.

"why don't you take a picture? it'll last longer." jack said, chuckling and shaking his head. I guess i didn't realize i was staring.

"you know, i'm still surprised your body looks this good at twenty-one. you would've thought you'd have wrinkles by now." i joked.

"haha, very funny." he replied, rolling his eyes.

"i'd actually like to think of myself as hilarious." i admitted.

"anyways, what are the moves for today?" i asked, laying back down on the bed so i couldn't see him while he changed.

"first we're gonna show you guys around omaha, then we're going to introduce you guys to some old friends from high school. they're throwing a party tonight."

"sounds like my kind of day! let's get shit-faced!" i cheered, knowing i was bluffing since it's almost impossible for me to get drunk in the slightest.

~

"cori, violet, peyton, luna, this is bazzi, mike, and skeez." johnson said, gesturing towards the three extremely attractive men.

omaha doesn't fuck around with their men.

"hi, i'm corinne, and i need a drink." i smiled before pushing past the chuckling guys and making my way to the kitchen to fetch the first of many.

~

i was fixing my third drink when a tall figure stood before me.

"you sure you want to drink that? you wouldn't want to get too shit faced at one of my parties. especially when you're a sexy little thing such as yourself. it's not safe." the tall curly-haired blonde came up from behind me, chuckling.

mike was it?

"please, half the party is already hammered. i can take care of myself, thank you." i smiled.
just as i was about to walk away he grabbed my wrist.

"i'll be keeping an eye out for you just in case. so you have nothing to worry about, baby."

"like i said before, i'm perfectly capable of keeping an eye out for myself. so why don't you go watch some other stupid slut, babe." i mocked, leaving him in awe.

i took a seat in between peyton and luna. violet had gone over to talk to bazzi and nate.

"what was that all about?" luna asked, a smirk began to spread across her face. "i'm guessing you heard me." i said, mentally face-palming myself.

"we both did." peyton joined. "that was badass." she finished, luna nodding her head rapidly in agreement.

"i never would've had the guts to say that to him."

"never had the guts to say what to who?" asked a voice from behind me. i turned around to see jack.

"you should've heard what cori said to-" peyton began before i interrupted her.

"luna! you should've heard what i said to luna. it was kind of an offensive joke. i shouldn't have even mentioned it." i nervously laughed.

peyton and luna shot me confused looks.

to be honest, i don't really know why i didn't want jack to know what I had said to mike.

"well i like jokes!" jack laughed, stumbling a bit as he threw his arms in the air. was he drunk? "jack, are you drunk?" luna questioned, taking the words right out of my mouth.

"shh, just a little." he laughed, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and leaning on me for support.

"oh my god, already? come on jack, this is embarrassing." i groaned, grabbing his arm and dragging him upstairs.

"i'll be right back." i mouthed to the girls as they nodded.

i took him into some bedroom and sat him down on the bed. "how many drinks have you had, jack?"

"i can't really remember. one second i was doing a line of shots, then the next I was talking eight more afterwards!" he slurred.

"dear god." i mumbled under my breath.

"hey, corinne. can i tell you a secret?" jack asked. "please don't call me that." i tensed up.

"answer the question." he urged. "i don't know. i guess?" i answered unsurely.

"i'm not who you think i am. i'm not rich because i got the money from my father.." jack trailed off.

"then how else could you have so much money, jack. you don't even have a job."

"actually, i do. i'm one of the most well known drug dealers in the country, ms. westbrook." he then went into a laughing fit.

i then began to laugh with him, which led him to stop laughing.

"why are you laughing?" he inquired. "that's the funniest lie i've ever heard. your drunk side sure has a wild imagination, gilinsky." i giggled

"i promise i'm telling the truth. ask johnson or sam. or even nate! they all work for me." he slurred.

my brain was swirling, but it wasn't because of the alcohol.

could he really be telling the truth?

-

hey guys. i can't update as often bc school has officially started a couple weeks ago. but i'll try to upload at least once every week or every other week. thanks for your patience.

(comment, vote, and follow)