Chapter - 5

Shazman's POV

"So time is over. Put your pens down, quick!"

I heard​ this voice from the main desk of the class. I quickly checked​ and re-checked the answers which I had written in my copy and submitted it on the table of Usman Sir.

Today was the first sessional and I was very happy that I did all the questions very well, now it all depended on Allah that what marks I will get. Indeed Allah is the All Knower. I had done breakfast very fast in order to reach the department very early. It was my habit to reach department during my exam days earlier. By doing so one feels relaxed and does good in exams, well that's what I think.

I felt hungry.

I went to the canteen. Started checking the menu for an order. The canteen was too noisy and full of students. My eyes were moving all around just to quickly analyze the surrounding and suddenly stopped​ at a point. I saw a girl coughing very badly enough like anytime she could lose her breath and die. And at the same time, a boy was also next to her laughing out loud.

Fahad!

He was my classmate and as far as I knew he was not good at his character. He considered him as the smartest guy of the department but little did he know he was not smart but over smart. He always used to flirt with girls, had many girlfriends and he also used to smoke and drink too.

Sometimes I even doubt whether he was a Muslim or not? Well, Allah knows the best. Islam is not about a tag or something, some people call themselves​ Muslims but do not act like one. May Allah guide us all.

I quickly grabbed​ a bottle of water and a glass and moved​ towards that girl. I could clearly see her tears flowing non-stop on her pink cheeks and her hands were on her neck which was covered with a hijab. Her grip on her hijab became tighter and tighter due to coughing. I quickly took a seat beside her and started​ tapping her back to help her to stop coughing and gave her a glass of water. She took that glass quickly and started drinking. As soon as I realised that she was now ok I found ​Fahad still busy laughing hard.

Was he mad?

"What the smash are you doing with her?" I asked​ this question while leaving my chair. I found that he still not paid any attention to my question and was still laughing which gave rise to my anger.

"Hey hello, I am talking to you? Is this the way you treat a fresher? Don't you have manners or anything?" I asked the last part while narrowing my eyes.

I didn't know her name but I thought she might be a fresher as I never saw her before in this college.

"Mind your own business you jerk!" He said to me.

Well, I was a little surprised​ that how he called me a jerk although he himself was the head of all jerks. But unfortunately, my anger overcame my surprise.

"Mind your language mister." I said this pointing my index finger towards his smoky face.

"Excuse me you cocky head. Who the hell are you to instruct me what to say and what not? And who to treat like a princess or a rotten egg." He said this last part facing towards that girl.

I didn't know her name but really I wanted​ to. I could see her innocent face with pink cheeks I had never seen before. I noticed ​ that she was feeling unprotected and a kind of slight tremble on her fingers. Her situation was so terrible that it seemed like anytime she burst into tears.

"Stop Fahad, you have no right to treat a girl like this and well unlike you I respect women so I can't see any woman in pain.!". I said all these words in a low voice while pressing my teeth so that my anger could not cover me fully.

"Ok just close your eyes then!" He said this with a little chuckle in his voice. Now, this is too much. He hurt a girl and he still has no sorrow in his heart, amazing! And he called himself a Muslim, Ah! Now I wasn't able to bury my anger.

"You are too...." I said with all my anger but surprisingly that girl cut me in the middle.

"P-please d-don't f-fight-t" She said with full of fear in her voice and also with trembling voice I had ever heard before. Her voice was so soft and nice. I had never seen such an innocent girl before. She was very uncomfortable with my verbal fight with Fahad so I decided to leave the canteen for her sake only.

I gave Fahad my last glare which was full of anger obviously and quickly left the canteen while taking a water bottle from the counter. I came outside of the canteen and felt the fresh air.

I drank some water to cool down my anger then I realised​ I had left that girl alone in the canteen with Fahad. He could hurt her again.

Stupid me!

I regretted in doing that but why? Why I regretted​? Why did I want​ to protect her from all the evils and especially from Fahad? I didn't know what was happening with me? I quickly ran towards the canteen and found no one. I meant there were too many students but there was no sign of that girl and Fahad was still there with his friends gossiping and smoking. Well, I left the canteen and moved​ towards the junior section to check. My eyes were searching for only one girl and how funny was that I did not even know her name. I finally found that girl in the class. She was busy with her cell phone, so I just left from there confirming that she was now okay.

#

Vote • Comments • Share