Chapter - 9

Aileen's POV

Today was the last day before summer vacations were going to start. I woke up too early in the morning, read my Tahajjud prayer, Fajr and after then the Quran. After taking a long shower, I opened​ my wardrobe and choose a long purple top with white bottom. Lastly tied my hijab and wore a light grey abaya. After greeting my parents I headed towards the bus stop.

Today I had to return the project anyhow. I couldn't anymore able took the burden of that project. I remembered​ when Yusuf sir said burden to these projects. I wondered​ how his and mine regarding the burden of projects were completely different. Somehow that file felt too heavy on my hand and surprisingly it contained not more than 30 pages!

I finally reached​ university and with full confidence, I moved​ towards the senior section. When I was just a few steps away from there, I stopped​ in my track. I saw Mrs. Ingrid was coming from the staff room.

Oh no no no,

If she found me here then she would surely give me an hour lecture for not attending my first class today and I was really not in the mood. Some students also called​ her 'chatter-box'.

I quickly ran away from there by hiding myself from her. But suddenly I got hitten by a wall or something so hard that my form reflected s back like a ray of light. I was busy rubbing my forehead whilst I heard​ a familiar voice.

"Are you Okay?"

I raise my head and found that I actually not bumped into a wall but a boy. He wore a grey coloured T-shirt with blue jeans. A wristwatch was perfectly tied on his wrist and some keys were struggling in his fingers. His black coloured locks were consummated.
He was none other than 'Shazman Malik'.

The last thing which I wanted to happen today was to bump into him, again

"O' God! I-I am so sorry. Please, I d-didn't..." I said as the feeling of guilt overcame me.

"Ok Ok please stop, don't start your sorry lecture again. It's not your fault I- I was just lost in my thoughts and clashed with you. Well, as far as I know, I only asked you whether you are okay?" He said with calmness in his voice. His voice was soft and little husky.

Well, I knew that it was my fault. But why he was covering that? I really didn't know.

"Ya I-Iam okay." I told him. I still felt a little uncomfortable but not that much when Fahad talked to me.

That boy was different.

"Good to know," he said, noticing my uneasiness he moved forward in his way.

O no no no. Please don't go. I have to return his project.

"S-stop... please" I quickly said when he was about to go away.

"Yes?" He turned around with a questioning look.

"H-here is your project." I said whilst giving his project.

"What this rubbish is doing with you?" He asked with a surprising look on his face.

I smiled​ on his comment for his own project.

"Well Yusuf sir gave this to me for the help" With a little hesitation I continued​ "and your project really helped me a lot for completing my assignment. Jazak Allah Khair for everything."

Finally!

"Wa iyyaki; nice to hear that I helped you unintentionally.” he said with a little chuckle.

I took a step towards my class but his voice stopped​ me in my track.

"Listen"

"Yes?" I asked​

"Don't be afraid of anyone. No one can hurt you as long as I am here." His voice was floating in seriousness which made me flinch. Why he was so concerned about me?
I had no words to reply so I just left from there without giving him a second glance.

Why did he say that? Why he was so concerned towards me? Was he joking? No, he was damn serious. He was different from other boys in this university. He had something in him which made me feel comfortable and safe near him. He was a nice guy. Why I was thinking all these? What was happening to me? I never thought about a boy more than a microsecond so why now he was stuck in my mind?

"AILEEN"

I heard Aneeba's voice, not a voice but literally a scream.

"What?" I asked in an annoying voice.

"I am calling your name for five minutes and it seems that you lost another planet, maybe Jupiter or I can say a different galaxy?" She asked me in an annoying way.

Her behaviour made me laugh.

"Ok ok I was just thinking something " I honestly said.

"Oh, okay. Oh wait.. something or some..one??" She asked​ me whilst teasing.

"Oh, Aneeba stop taunting me like that."

"So why your face looking like a red tomato? Stop blushing miss or soon you will convert into tomato ketchup." She said whilst showing all her white teeth.

Blushing?

Am I blushing?

"I am not blushing!" I cleared her.

"Well, I am not blind for Allah's sake and most importantly not a 'colour' blind." She teased​ me again.

"Well you're impossible, God knows!" I gave up and left my chair with a smile and she gave me a mischievous grin. This girl was really impossible.

But was I blushing?

But why?

I think I was sick. (note the sarcasm)

#

Vote • Comments • Share