Chapter - 14

Aileen's POV

Birds were singing in their beautiful voice as if trying to convey a wonderful ballad. Butterflies were painting the garden with their beautiful colours​ and the chipmunks were busy in their own hunt. Allah made this world so beautiful and enhance its beauty with His unlimited mercy but the question which was eating me alive that why the best creation of Allah i.e, we humans choose to be the cruel one instead of being kind? Why people are always thirsty for other blood? Why don't they try to grab examples from nature? Why they kill their own brothers? Why they don't feel comfortable in others comfort?

I don't know.

"I know."

A voice snapped me out from my thoughts. I moved my glance and found Aneeba was sitting beside my seat with a great smile.

Finally, I continued my classes after five days of that incident. Today when I entered university, a cold shiver ran down my spine by watching the same passage that was filled with an eerie silence on that day.

My mum told Aneeba to be with me always as she said I was 'ill'. Yeah, I was ill, mentally ill. My words were not enough to thank Aneeba for never losing my side. May Allah bless her.

"What do you know?" I asked her

"Your imagination." She said with curiosity.

"Oh really, care to tell me too." I replied with a smile indented to listen to what she would tell me.

"You are sitting here on this bench, wearing a huge long beautiful gown. Waiting for someone. Birds are singing and the sky turns its colours in the most romantic way. Then from afar long distance, you see a boy is coming on a white horse, wearing a blue waistcoat on his white shirt. Long hairs of horse swinging along with the dancing breeze. Then the horse stops its motion in front of you, making you stand up. The boy steps down from his horse and stands in front of you making his silky brown hairs backwards by his fingers. And you are lost in his attractive blue orbs. Then he says bending on his knees 'I love you, will you be mine forever?' then your face turns its colours and becomes red. You accept his proposal with all your shyness and then he takes your gloved​ hand and makes you sit on his horse. Then the horse moves forward, the boy takes you away and then you both live happily ever after." She said completing her imagination and glanced at me.

I was sitting there, her story made my single eyebrow upward.

"What??" She snapped

"You are telling my thoughts or yours?"

"Aileen, you know I am too smart. Ask me how?" She said with a mischievous grin.

"Go on"

"Because I know your thoughts are the same as mine. As you are of my age, we are in the same class and most importantly my best friend." She said

"O really! In which book it is written that girls with the same age, same class and best friend's thoughts are must be similar?" I asked curiously

"In my book" she simply replied

"You have written a book? When?" I asked while hiding my laughter.

"Just now"

"Show me" I ordered

"Oh, that is just published in my mind. I will surely show you when it will get a printed edition." She said while showing a wide grin.

This girl!! I said she is a drama queen.

"Oh ok, but honestly your​ story was just ridiculous. Firstly I mean the person might belong to a mafia gang or much more underworld. Secondly, in this century why would a person come on a white horse instead of a white car? Thirdly, which is the most important question is that how can a person propose a girl without ​a ring? So overall what I want to say is that this is the most dangerous story I have ever heard and your​ story is rubbish without any logic." I declared

"Aileen try to understand that's what I am saying. Love is free from all logic. Thank Allah, you finally get my point."  She said while raising her collars.

"Seriously Aneeba, which book you are reading nowadays?" I asked

"You know what, I don't need a book to understand all these. It is in my DNA." She said simply

I facepalmed myself.

"Ok let's go, I am hungry." She said

~

The whole day passed easily. I got some works and assignments to complete. All the time I was with Aneeba. She loved to watch and read romantic genres, that's the reason why she was always lost in her fantasies. Well, I liked her the way she is.

But seriously this life is not a fairy tale in which you ask a fairy godmother to change everything. Then she swings her magical wand and in the second later everything will become picture perfect.

Life is not about fairy tales and Disney movies, it's all about reality and nothing else.

#

Vote • Comments • Share