Chapter - 18

Aileen's POV

"He is not c-coming. He died, d-died in a car accident."

This single sentence was enough to turn my whole world apart. The whole world seemed to me like oblivion. It was like everything was moving except me. The large gathering of the crowd suddenly became cursed to me. Bright lightings started irritating my eyes like a harsh thunderstorm. The whole surrounding turned into like a suffocating bag in which it became hard for me to breathe. The happiness covered with the clouds of sadness. This always happens to me, always.

But a death!

He died.

Ziyad Usman is dead.

My all senses were shouting in my ears loud made me numb. But a little part deep inside my heart was rejecting all the cries and tears, that part still not ready to accept the bitter truth. The only feel I could​ feel was the squeezing of Aneeba's hand on mine. My face became all wet like a thunderstorm mercilessly attacked a barren land.

To feel happiness, was my biggest mistake. I was made forever be the best companion of sadness.

Forever.

Happiness was my worst enemy.

The whole hall filled with the buzz of all crowd.

"He died in his wedding attire."

I heard a voice​ from the buzzing crowd.

"This marriage was bad luck for that poor soul."

"He had a very charming personality."

"May Allah bless him with Jannah"

"Today is the black day."

"What will happen to this bride?"

A number of voices were echoing in my ear making my ears numb. I was shaking terribly. A woman hugged me. I was in no position to hug her back.

"I am sorry Aileen, but my son went far away to reach for you to marry. He went so far away from all of us. My Ziyad." Then she broke into a heartbreaking cry.

I heard the voice of a woman. She was Ziyad's mother. The most courageous woman I had ever seen. Ziyad got his dark brown eyes from her. I hugged her back tightly and started crying like a little kid into her arms.

She lost her only son.

"What about you Aileen? This world will eat you from their taunts. I am sorry Aileen. So sorry." She said during her snobs

"No, I am bad luck." This was all I said.

And that's the real truth. The reality was screaming in my mind. The white gown which I wore seemed black to me, darker than a cursed night. My hands were shivering with fear.

The crowd which once was a blessing for me turned into an ultimate curse. I was wishing that somehow the earth beneath my feet become hollow so that I could hide there. I wanted​ to escape. Escape from this crowd, misery, tears, cries and much more from this life.

I wanted to die.

Ya Allah, why didn't you took my life away?

Why Ziyaad?

Ya Allah, you love us the most then why, why you test us so much?

I was already dead, Ya Allah.

Not physically but mentally!

Ya Allah help me, please. I need You the most.

"I will marry her."

A voice echoed in the crowd, the crowd which was cursing me. That voice made everyone's​ heads snapped up.

I wanted to escape. I didn't want anyone's sympathy. I didn't want to make more troubles for anyone. Ziyad was dead because of me. And now I didn't want another death except for me. I was bad luck. I was the reason behind all this misery, pain and loss. I wanted to close my book, forever.

"I will marry her with all my heart."

I moved my head up.

Shazman Malik

My father who was standing beside me, side hugged me tightly as if encouraging me to move forward.

But How could I?

All things happened so quickly. I saw my parent's eyes which were filled with a mixture of emotions. The most dominant emotions I could see in their eyes was of 'sorrow'. They wanted me to marry Shazman. My mum said while hugging me.

"Please accept him, I know he will keep you happy."

I laughed internally.

Happy?

Mum, please don't try to fool me. I am not a fourteen-year-old girl anymore.

"What if..." I said with an unrecognised voice.

"Just believe," she said in her most calm voice.

The officials read our Nikah and then we both signed.

My fingers were terribly shaking while signing the papers. I know what will happen next. Ya Allah, please don't convert my imagination into reality.

The whole evening passed and the wind was moving terrifically as if indicating the storm wasn't ended now. I balanced my gown somehow and entered into his car after meeting my parents.

I was married now.

Mrs Aileen Shazman Malik.

#

Vote • Comments • Share

Author's Note:

So any questions friends?