Chapter 10: The Truth

After we made the substance thing to kill the anchronubis we had to drive back home to get the crucifixes and the chalk to get back to the shop and train.
" Ok, see you in a couple of hours " Grace said cleaning up
" oh but um , how would we get out of your house " Phoebe whispered to me
" easy " I said giving her " the " look
" we sneak out " Jess said smiling mischievously . Phoebe rolled her eyes and pouted ,
" fine " she said annoyed. We said our goodbyes and left the shop. We walked to our car and plopped in.
" well that was crazy " Jess said breathing deep. " yea no duh we almost died " Nikki said. We drove to my house to find my mom working in her office.
" Hey guys, how was school ?" My mom said with a " your in trouble look" which worried me
" um it was fine " Phoebe said lying horribly
" Why don't I believe you, oh I know because I have watch you girls grow since kindergarten and I know when you lie Phoebe, you always fidget around with your fingers. And I got a call today, that you guys have missed all your classes " My mom said standing up from her desk and crossing her arms and tapping her foot. Phoebe immediately put her fingers behind your back. We were busted.
" and what happened to your shirt. " she said looking at the tiny rip in her crop top , luckily she wasn't wearing a normal shirt cause the tear would've been bigger.
" oh um um " Alex stuttered. We were going to get punished but someone luckily came and rang the doorbell.
" this is not end of discussion " my mom said with a serious face expression as she walked out her office door to answer the front door. When she opened the door it was Grace, as if she knew we were getting in trouble.
" Hi um I'm Grace " Grace said skittishly
" oh hi Grace , do I know you? " My mom asked confused
" no um I'm friends with your daughter, my grandma had a stroke and went to the hospital but since I don't have a car, I asked Alex. I am sorry they missed their periods but I collected all the homework, I can just send them photos. I came to say thank you to them " Grace said innocently and perfectly.
" oh well, I am sorry for your grandmother. " she said paying her respects. She looked at us and we pretended to be sympathetic and when she looked back at Grace we gave a huge thumbs up.
" Thank you, I just came to say thank you to your daughter and friends, as we bonded after they helped me grieve , but my nana is all better now " Grace said finishing up the story
" I am happy that she is better, and proud of you girls " my mom said turning to both of us to talk.
" well it was nice meeting you " Grace said shaking her hand, we couldn't help keep our giggles in but we did.
" as well as you " my mom said shaking her hand back.
" Um mom can we talk to her for a sec ? " I asked
" sure, but come back up " my mom said walking up the stairs. I walked out to my front step and closed the door behind me
" omg thanks so much how'd you know " I said gratefully
" duh I'm a witch " she said giggling. We all giggled after that
" well gotta go, so you in a couple of hours k? " she said going to her car that my mom totally missed thankfully.
" yea " Phoebe said. Grace drove off and we went back inside. My mom was waiting for us in the kitchen, she didn't hear what we talked about thank god.
" I am sorry for questioning you, you guys did good helping that girl out. But if either of your grades go down, your all in trouble " she said like a true parent
" are our moms mad ? " Alex asked worried
" no I told them what happened they think of you the same way I do" My mom said giving Alex a chance to not worry.
" ok now what do you want for dinner, I need to finish work but, I will write it down " my mom said grabbing a sticky note from the fridge.
" can we just order Chinese ? I can pay " I asked
" ok baby, do you girls want that before your moms pick you up? " she asked
" sure " they all agreed.
" ok , great no mom in the kitchen yay. " she chuckled cheering jokingly " ok let me finish my work and I will order it later " she said going up stairs
" ok " we said following her up the stairs. We went different directions as she went right to her office and I went left to my room. We went in my room and Nikki, Alex, Phoebe, and I sat on my purple green rug beside of my bed as Jess sat in the bean bag chair at the foot of my bed. We started talking and giggling from the day and Alex told Phoebe and Nikki about Drew and Eric. Then the doorbell rang,
" hey did your mom already order Chinese I didn't hear her " Alex said weirded out.
" I don't know maybe she did, it must be the Chinese " Nikki said. I had a weird feeling about answering the door. Fear in the pit of my stomach again, this was a bad idea. But I just walked down the stairs and cautiously made my way to the door. I opened it and there was a man, I almost threw up by his appearance. His hair had worms crawling out of there and into his ears, bugs were in his rotted yellow and black teeth, his limbs amputated, his eyes gouged out and spiders making webs in his sockets. But it, not he, it still managed to laugh, laugh hysterically. Suddenly I saw my hands starting to bleed I looked around and the frames, the walls, the stairs, me, blood dripping everywhere. While the wine red blood dripped down everywhere , the man didn't stop to breathe, no he kept laughing hysterically. I stepped back and tripped onto my back, not being able to breathe or talk or cry or scream. I was in a frustrating position just paralyzed. But then, after 12 minutes of this I was able to let out the biggest shriek I ever could. I couldn't stop screaming and sobbing on the floor. My mom and friends rushed down to find me in a fetus position. The door was open and some neighbors even went outside from the scream.
" what happened baby what happened " my mom said shaking me. But I still couldn't breathe it felt I was being strangled or suffocated. The blood didn't go away, now it was dripping down her face. As fast as it came it went away and I could breathe again. I gasped hard and took in sweet sweet air. My friends didn't know what happened and were looking down at me from a step on the stairs my mom slammed the door shut and went back to hugging me. Everything happened so fast to the point I didn't even know what happened.
" what happened, my mom said shocked but still holding me
" I don't -- I don't know I thought I saw something and I couldn't " I took a deep breath and stammered " I couldn't breathe " I said.
" oh baby, everything's gonna be ok. " my mom said giving me care
" it's fine mami I just-- I'm fine " I said trying to stand up
" no your not. " my mom said standing up as well " you screamed your lungs out,you were petrified. you are hallucinating I don't think it is a good idea to let you go out for Halloween " she said bringing worry to my face and my friends couldn't help but scream NO! My mom turned around shocked.
" I mean um" Alex cleared her throat
" if she acts out again we promise we will go back to the house" she said practically begging her to let me go.
" this is not end of discussion I need time to think " my mom said not knowing what to say yet.
" are you sure your ok " she asked worried
" yes mom " I said going back upstairs. My mom still didn't believe me but she let it go. I went upstairs with my friends who were comforting me. They shut the door behind them and returned to their normal positions
" what the hell happened "