chapter 24

it was around eleven in the night when kim taehyung returned to the group's dorm. he managed to close the door behind him with a soft click and took off his shoes. with a small sigh, he lazily looked up at the stairs then decided to just remain on the couch for the rest of the night. as he snuggled with the couch pillow, he was about to close his eyes before he heard one of the doors faintly creak open.

"taehyung-ah?" a soft whisper called out to him.

it was jimin. taehyung rolled over towards the other teen and smiled groggily.

"yeah?"

jimin looked nervous.

"i-is valerie okay?" he asked, resting his back on the door frame while he fiddled with his thumbs.

taehyung chuckled, "it's valencia, jimin. and yeah, she's fine. don't worry about it."

a flush of embarrassment crossed along jimin's face as he realized he even got the girl he bullied wrong. all he could say as response was, "oh."

"if you're worried about her, just don't do what you did again. she seemed hella mad," taehyung sighed once more, clicking his tongue.

jimin's shoulders slumped.

"i'm actually such an asshole. why did i do something like that?" jimin scolded himself, pulling at his bed hair.

taehyung decided not to answer him and instead faced the other direction of the couch.

"go to bed, jimin-ah, let's talk in the morning. didn't namjoon hyung say that we had a busy morning schedule?" taehyung cut straight to the point with a slight attitude in his tone.

it wasn't just because he was slightly annoyed towards jimin, it was because he wanted jimin to stop thinking of valencia. stop worrying about her. stop trying to create something between them. because valencia was his. and only his.

jimin noticed taehyung's patience was running thin and nodded, "yeah, let's just talk in the morning. night."

and with that, park jimin returned back to his dorm. after hearing the door click once more, taehyung sat up from the couch and reached for his laptop somewhere on the coffee table. once he placed it on his lap, he logged into his email account.

tk20@naver.com.

the light from the laptop glowed as taehyung's soft expression turned into an ominous smirk once he pulled out a small USB.