chapter 28

"hi again."

val crossed her arms and stayed there in silence, glaring at the new visitor. jimin could feel the hate she had for him radiate and sighed quietly.

"valencia, i know before you said you couldn't forgive me but during high school-"

a sharp look at the mention of high school made him choke on his own spit.

"your five minutes start now so get talking," she ordered, showing jimin the timer she had set on through her phone.

'i'll talk about the past maybe next time. since i only have five minutes, i guess i'll just get straight to the point,' jimin thought.

"don't get close with kim taehyung. he's not who you think he is."

val scoffed at his words. the irony of this situation when it was jimin who she should be avoiding.

"and why should i not get close with him? all he ever did was try to understand me. unlike you," she spat, the last words stinging jimin.

"because he's deceiving you!" jimin yelled as he decided to just explain it whether she be shocked or not.

"wha-"

"he's tk20@naver.com."

as soon as the email address was spoken, valencia took a step back in surprise. she shook her head, trying to convince herself that this was park jimin who she was speaking to. the boy who directly harrassed her in high school. she couldn't possibly believe that he was telling the truth. she couldn't.

"y-you're lying," she shakily uttered, her whole body growing tense.

jimin sighed at her familiar defensive state and grabbed his phone. he unlocked it and quickly found the photo he took of every single member's email address. it was confidential but valencia deserved to know. jimin extended his hand with the phone towards val and urged her to take a look at it. though, valencia desperately didn't want to. her mind didn't allow her heart to suppress the suspicion that maybe... taehyung was tk20@naver.com. once she had the phone and looked down, she wanted a car to crash into her right there, right at that moment.

if jimin's email address was jp19@naver.com, taehyung's was tk20@naver.com.

"stop it... this can't be true," val whispered in a ragged voice.

the tears already arrived by her eyes, blurring the screen and the words on it. she felt one and every single drop fall onto either the ground or the phone. after the tears, came the usual sounds she made when she cried. though, they represented her agony a little more than last time. val didn't understand why she deserved this. she didn't know why just when she thought everything would brighten up, someone up in the skies decided to take it all away. leave her with nothing but emptiness. it was cruel and she was sick of it.

jimin from a small distance, watched the fragile girl sob as she tightened her grip on his phone. he wanted to comfort her, solace her as much as he could but he knew he had no right to even touch her shoulder. he already knew that he was part of her worst memories and he had made sure back then to scorch it inside of her head. he couldn't rewind time and he sure couldn't bury it either. so he stood there, watched her with guilt and sorrow, and waited until her tears would eventually stop.

it was winter in seoul. approximately -3 degrees celsius. yet, val could feel her hot tears streaming down to warm her snow white cheeks. and jimin, whose feet were about to freeze due to his open-toed slippers as he was in a rush, stood still in front of val, and gave her as much as comfort as he could give. without harming her as the society had.

--

6 YEARS AGO

"taehyung-ah!"

the groggy boy immediately awoke from his nap and rubbed his eyes quickly. he recognized that voice anywhere. it was his 3 year crush, park hyuna. as her usual scent of lavender wafted in the air, taehyung smiled softly.

"i told you not to wake me up until the teacher comes, stupid," he teased, resting his head on his arms.

taehyung's attention was all on hyuna and whatever she did. she had his heart ever since the beginning of freshmen year. hyuna was the most perfect being in the whole school. she was nice, caring, funny, charismatic, and intelligent. she was first in the school and everyone in the school knew her because of her violin talent. park hyuna was the definition of literal perfection.

it wasn't just taehyung that had a huge crush on her. he was sure that almost every single boy in the school would kill to go on a date with hyuna. he couldn't blame them tho; he felt the same. however, those other boys were too near-sighted. they weren't able to see the hidden part of park hyuna. the part only he had access to.

"the teacher's going to be here soon! i can't let you lose the points that i got yesterday for voluntarily staying after and cleaning up the class," she scolded with a playful smirk on her face.

taehyung chuckled and ruffled her hair, "you need to loosen up sometimes, hyuna. anyways, if i lose them, i'll just help mr. hahm with organizing papers tomorrow."

"oh, i said i would help too!" she exclaimed with sparkles in her chocolate brown orbs.

"great, you can 'accidentally' handle my work as well and we'll earn double the points," taehyung joked, hoping he would get to see her cute pout.

his wish came true and hyuna in return pouted. he loved it when her rosy cheeks puffed up and she crossed her slender arms. taehyung desperately just wanted to hug her and feel her head rest against his chest. but, that was impossible. and it was impossible because...

"hyunnnnaaaaaaaa!!!"

both hyuna and taehyung knew who it was automatically.

"babe!" she yelled, running towards the new visitor, arms stretched out wide. it was her boyfriend.

that's right. the girl that taehyung had such a huge crush on for 3 whole years, had a boyfriend. and he couldn't say anything about him because he was literally the male version of hyuna. hell, if taehyung was gay he would've had a crush on him instead. the boyfriend was called lee eden. the only difference between hyuna and eden besides gender was the fact that while hyuna was skilled with the violin, eden was skilled with piano and basketball. a jock and a scholar; the perfect combination. eden and hyuna were meant to be. they were the disney prince and the princess. someone like pinocchio didn't stand a chance.

at least, that was what he had thought before the incident happened.

//hello, i'm back again! please continue to love my story thanks (: i won't be abandoning ever again