Alec

Sitting here in this chair, I am now convinced that there is a God. From the moment I looked up to see that dumb stricken, over confident princess standing in my office I couldn't help but smile victoriously.

"Maria? How good to see you," I say with sarcasm laced in my voice. Her mouth hung slightly ajar as she stared at me trying to process this.

"Do they not have attractive men in your little kingdom?" I asked spitefully hoping to draw a reaction from her. I study her face twitch in discomfort at my remark. One point for me. For a second her face seemed unreadable then she spoke.

"Good day Mister Dimitri, I would like to thank you for granting me such an amazing opportunity," She recites after regaining composure. It is pitiful. I watched her shift uncomfortably in her seat as I wallowed in my silent victory. The longer the silence was prolonged, the more she squirmed.

I studied every inch of her. Nothing extraordinary to be honest. Curly golden locks surrounding her caramel complexion and topped off the most ordinary brown eyes I have ever seen. She was just like any other skank I could pick up off the street but for some reason I actually wanted to listen to what this one had to say.

After her little show at the park I was hoping I would see her again. It's been a while since I felt anything really but when she talked back to me I felt intrigued to talk to her.

"Drop the act princess, I've already seen your feisty side," defiance is a bit of turn on for me.

Her eyes survey the room at an attempt to avoid mine.

"Whatever do you mean Mister Dimitri? I don't recall," She says in a pathetic innocent voice and I actually laugh. How far is she going to with this act?

"Touché Miss-, what is it Kamara or Maria?" I ask pretending to be genuinely surprised. Her cheeks redden but she tries to play it off by rolling her eyes.

"My name is Kamara Ackerly," She says almost as a sigh but I catch every word perfectly. I love how uncomfortable I make her. This will teach her how to watch that loud mouth of hers. I am going to revel in this moment for as long as I can.

"Fine Miss Ackerly, I must inform you now that although asking your boss on a date is frowned upon by the society, casual sex is perfectly acceptable," I say with my eyes locked on hers. Her eyes almost fall out of her sockets at my statement.

Has she never heard the word sex before? What kind of prude did I hire? The real world is going to eat her alive.

"I did not ask you- I am not going on a date with you, Sir," She almost screamed with enough venom in her voice to kill. Emotional. It is almost enough to make me toss her aside. Almost. She's a challenge. The game has officially changed. I cracked a minute smile but brushed it away before she noticed.

"I know, I don't do relationships anyway. It's a good thing we still have the casual sex option," I say with a playful grin tugging at my lips. She flinched but I noticed.

"I appreciate the offer but I will have to decline. I intend on keeping things professional," She says as she straightens her back and raises her chin in a dignified manner. She must think very highly of herself. I don't see why.

"Alright darling, if you want to deny the inevitable, who am I to stop you?" I say licking my lips to suppress the smile drawn by the reddening of her cheeks followed by the expected eye roll. This is amusing.

"Mister Dimitri-"

"Call me Alec"

"Mister Dimitri, I prefer formality," She fumbles with her pen as she speaks. I nod then stare at her a while longer to make her conscious.