Kamara

"I'm so so so sorry. I feel so horrible about everything." I apologise but hear a soft chuckle in response.

"Kamara, relax! Don't apologise. We all have had our share of nasty bosses. Besides just spending time with you was worth those awkward ten minutes with him." Dominic said followed by another awkward chuckle.

My Lord.

Could this guy get anymore perfect?

He's such a sweetheart and I couldn't help but feel like I don't deserve him. Even after our date went to hell, he still called to check upon me. From the second I picked up, apologies kept flowing out of me uncontrollably. He just brushed it off like it never happened.

Wow.

Either he really does like me...

Or he really needs his painting up in that demon's gallery.

"Please! Okay, at least let me make it up to you. Are you free Saturday afternoon?" I ask and hold my breath waiting for his response.

I almost forgot how exhausting it is liking someone. Before I moved her, the last time I had a steady relationship, I was in college and we dated for two months.

Craziest two months of my life.

But two months nonetheless.

So going back to the courting, the dates and the constant need for approval can be quite taxing but with Dominic it's not like that for some reason. He makes it so simple to be with each other. We get each other on a level that means we like most of the same things and love the same kind of places.

What more could I ask for?

He gets it. He gets me.

"Saturday? I'm free if it's to hang out with you. What do you have in mind?" He asks and I can feel my cheeks redden at his words.

That's the cutest thing about this guy. He has this boyish charm that gets me every single time but he doesn't even realise how much it does. He will say something and I can barely hold back my lovesick sighs while continues speaking without noticing the effect his words have one me.

I'm doomed.

"Well, I was thinking that we could go to watch a movie at the Palace Theatre and maybe get some pizza after. All my treat of course." I add to remind him that this is my way of making it up to him.

Or maybe he forgot about what happened and I just reminded him.

Dammit Kamara.

Keep it together.

"Sounds awesome. I mean, I don't approve of you paying for the date because I am still a gentleman and it will dent my pride but I also know that you're quite stubborn and won't let me pay. I guess I'll have to prepare my ego to soften the blow." Dominic jokes and I join him in laughter.

As the laughter dies there is this comfortable silence that lingers and I take a few moments to revel in it a little longer.

"Kamara?" I hear Dominic call, snapping me back to reality.

There they are.

The butterflies from the way he says my name. He doesn't have a classic conventional British accent because his mother is Caribbean so he has a tint of that accent mixed with a hint of Irish from his father.

I've never heard my name sound so beautiful.

"Yes, sorry, yes." I respond forgetting how long I was quiet for.

I heard him chuckle and my heart just melted. It would be my new favourite sound. It sounded like angels.

Calm down, Kamara.

He's just a guy.

"I really like you. I know it's soon but I knew from the moment I met you that you were something special." He confessed and my heart stopped altogether.

I can't remember how long everything was silent for. My eyes were fixed on the ceiling and I had stopped twirling my hair.

Speak Kamara.

Say something. Please.

"I'm not trying to rush you into anything; I just had to say it. Goodnight Kamara." Dominic said but the tone in his voice sounded hopeful for me to continue the conversation or to ask him to stay a little longer.

"Goodnight Dominic." I said before rushing to hang up.

Wow.

Way to go Kamara.

Looks like you still stick to those damn self destructive tendencies huh.

It's ok to let yourself fall. He isn't going to hurt you. He's a great guy. Don't ruin it.

Give yourself a chance.