Alec

I click open my phone and check the time,

01:00pm.

I went back to bed after I kicked out last night's mistake.

She completely ruined my morning and I decided to start the day all over again after I had lunch but I was rethinking that idea. I walk over to my closet and star at the cluster of clothes piled together after the girl rummaged through my stuff.

I groan and pull out a slightly formal shirt and pants. I hear the vibration of my phone from the bed but I ignore it and change in to the clothes I set aside. I wasn't in the mood of being pestered or bothered by anyone. I stared at myself without a shirt.

The rays of the sun meandered from the window and danced on my tanned skin. I run my hand over the scar that across my chest. I wanted suppress the memories that I surged when I touched it. I had to go to see it today. She would've been so happy. The calendar showed the 29th of September. A day that burned deep in the back of my skull. All I could think of was her.

I grab my phone without checking who called me and run down the spiral stairs that lead to the marble covered dining room and out the back door.

My jet black Lamborghini Murcielargo that I treated myself with for my birthday sits proudly waiting for me and I rev up the engine before speeding out to a destination I am still unsure of. I slip on my shades to prevent the bright light from burning my eyes and drive till I find myself on a familiar route to a place that made me feel good inside.

I pulled up into the parking lot and slid out of my car. The name splattered across the building. I get out of the car and ignore the sounds of people shouting greetings to me from every direction. I couldn't care less about any of them.

I push open the doors and the scent of the paintings fill my lungs. I've missed this.

"Mister Dimitri, what a pleasure. It's been a while," Charlotte says as she walks towards me with her hips swaying from side to side enticingly.

I nod and the corner of my mouth curves slightly. She is an interesting one but it's pretty pathetic that she always wants me to give her more even though she knows it means absolutely nothing to me. Slut.

"Charlotte, how are the plans for the opening of the new wing going?" I say as I slide off my shades and tuck them into my pocket.

She hands me a clipboard and our fingers brush but I can feel her lingering although her presence is no longer of use. I turn and walk away to spare her the shame of offering herself to me for the millionth time in the past week. I skim through the paperwork of pointless technicalities that I went through to ensure that this gallery would be exactly how she would want it to be.

I enter my office and toss the clipboard aside. It's getting closer to the grand opening and I feel just as empty as when I started.

"I hope you're happy," I whisper to her as if she's there while I rummage through my drawer for a pen.

I scribble out a cheque for the contractor and put it in an envelope. I press the button on the phone to call for Charlotte. She enters and locks the door behind her before walking towards me with a particularly sinister grin.

"Yes?" She says in what I assume was her sexiest tone.

I hand her the envelope before returning to the screen of my phone. She doesn't walk away as I hoped she would but rather remains rooted there staring at me. I look up at her with a blank look on my face.

"Is that it? You go on one of your benders for three days and you come back expecting everything to just be normal?" She screeches making my head pound.

I know exactly how to make her yapping mouth keep quiet.

I rise and walk round my desk to a spot only inches from her. I slither my arm round her waist and pull her towards me roughly. She lets out a tiny gasp followed by the return of that cheeky smile.

"That's more like it," She says before she crashes her lips against mine.

It's an endless cycle with her. Not that I give a damn.

Frankly, it makes this job a tad more interesting. Her hands make their way down to my belt buckle and I sigh. It's too easy.

"You disgust me, Charlotte. Get out. I have work to do," I whisper into her ear before shoving her aside.

She will never learn. I run my hand through my hair and wave my hand in dismissal. She runs her hands over her dress and fixes her hair to keep up appearances as if the entire office doesn't already know she would bend over backwards for a dollar. Sickening, really.

She leaves my office and I sit back down in my chair and fiddle with my pen. The telephone starts to ring and the noise is excruciating. Charlotte must have directed the call to me to spite me.

"What?" I say, my patience wearing thin.

I close my eyes and rub my temples trying to calm the pounding of my brain. A voice drones on and on about some incorrect flight number or something about the directions to the gallery and I lose it. I place the phone on the receiver and stand up. I grab my phone and walk out of my office.

"I'm going out for a bit. If anything happens, deal with it, will you," I say as a command rather than request to whoever the fuck in this office actually listens to me before stalking out of the building and into the blinding light. I slip on my shades and get into my car.

I ignite the engine and speed off a quiet place where I can rejuvenate in peace.

P