Ch 31: Are You Sure?

///////////////////////////////////

Abi's POV~

   I had a rough night. I groaned as I got up. Lafayette was next to me, sleeping. I saw Alexander pacing.

"Hey, Alexander. I'm sorry I overreacted, and I hadn't a chance to tell you because of this whole Emma-being-stabbed thing. But if you love this woman go get her." Alexander was still pacing furiously.

"Hey, Alexander are you okay? Alex? Alexander Hamilton you are scaring me!?!" I grabbed him by the shoulders and shook him. He finally heard me.

"Yeah about that... I may or may not have applied the Abi logic of doing-it-anyway-because-I-want-to, and I invited Eliza here so I can propose to her properly." I stared at him with wide eyes.

"When is she coming? Tomorrow? Next week?"

"Nope, today." I silently cursed. Alex! You just messed up! But you did apply my logic, but still!! We are screwed!!!!

"TODAY?!?! ALEXANDER?!? WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!?!"

"Abi you said you weren't mad anymore?!?"

"Alex! When today is she coming?!?"

"Uh...in an hour." Great, great, this is great.

"Oh my gosh! We have to make this perfect! Alex wake everyone else up!!!" Alex and I shook John, Herc, and I of course woke Lafayette. I went to Emma's cot, expecting to see her. But I remember she's in the medical tent. I gather everyone in a group.

"Okay, so we have to make this perfect! We're going to..." With that I told everyone that they had a job to do.

/////////AN HOUR LATER\\\\\\\\

Eliza's POV~

   I looked out the window waiting to go to Alexander's camp. Then in view I saw tents. This must be where Alexander is! Then the carriage made a sudden halt. I looked outside to see my coachmen being punched in the face by men in uniform. Then the door opened. I saw a freckled man I front of me. He bowed.

"This way m'lady." He stretch his hand out to me. I was a bit reluctant to grab his hand because of what I had witness early. But I had trust in him. Plus the other men could obviously protect me since they're both tall and muscular. He led me to the edge of the camp. Thank god away from the men wolf whistling and hollering at me. They walked away in different directions. I went in circles to search for them. But once I gave up, a tall woman that had dark brown hair and big bright brown eyes in a uniform like the other men.

"Hi Eliza. I'm Abi, it's nice to meet you. I'm Alexander's twin sister. Come this way." She grabbed my arm. Her fingers were long and pretty, but her hands had cuts and blisters all over them. She walked me through the woods until we saw a pond decorated with lily pads and Alexander flashing his handsome smile while he was in a wooden boat.

"I'll leave you two be." She left and walked into the depths of the forest. Alexander outstretched his hand to me.

"Eliza? Come here." He said. I took his hand I wobbled a bit as I tried to get on the boat. Then I suddenly lost balance and he caught me by my waist. I sat down and he began to row.

Abi's POV~

   As John, Herc, Laf, and I were crouching in the bushes snickering at how cute they are together. But I felt tears swell up. He won't just be my brother. He'll be a husband, a father, a grandfather, a great-grandfather. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" I looked up to see Laf with a concerned look in his eyes. Then John and Herc looked over.

"Lil' sister are you okay?" Herc said with the same expression that Laf wore.

"Yeah, it's just I'll miss him. That's all."

"That's okay Abi, all of us will miss him." John said as I saw tears in his eyes.

"Thanks but—" Then the bushes rustled. It was the drummer boy, I think his name is Alfred.

"Sorry I'm late, but Washington was about to hang my hide after I asked him if I could fight instead of playing beats." I laughed at him. He is so adorable.

"Well at least you showed up. So I want you to play some notes."

"Like a march?"

"No, more like waltz."

"What's a waltz?" He asked as he cocked his head on the side.

"Then play the beats Washington taught you, but softly. Hear me?" He nodded and he sat crisscross on the floor playing softly on the drums.

Eliza's POV~

   As Alexander and I were staring into each other's eyes, I hear a soft beat of a drum. I blushed as Alexander went through all this trouble to have this so special.

"Alexander, this is so beautiful!"

"Just like you Eliza." He said as he softly strokes my cheek. I heat up.

"Alexander..."

"Eliza..."

"Marry me Eliza." He said as he held both of my hands in his hands.

"Yes, I will." I said. We just stared into each other's eyes. Then we heard.

"JUST KISS HER ALREADY!!!" With that being said Alexander placed his lips on mine. My eyes were wide, but I slowly closed them as I kissed back.

Abi's POV~

   I was watching intensely at Eliza and Alex when Herc whispered shouted.

   "JUST KISS HER ALREADY!!!" Then they kissed. I tear trickled down as I see my brother growing up. I still remember what he told me when we were little. "You're the only girl I love, Abi." Another tear trickled down but I was so happy for him. I look up at Laf and he smiled.

A/n:
*crackles knuckles* I had my seven-year-old cousin over and let me just give you a brief of him. Twerking. Fidget spinners. The word sexy. Spider-man. And serial killers like Jason Voorhees and Michael Myers. But I survived. So here's a pretty emotional chapter for y'all. And don't forget if you enjoyed this vote!

~Abi