Chapter 23

Robin's POV

The next morning, after Tony serenaded Nazera, Nazera disappeared after breakfast. No one saw her all day, which put Batman in a foul mood. He stormed into training and stopped us. Each one of us shared nervous glances. He sat us down, we all stared at him. I felt like a criminal even though I had done nothing wrong. He was going to interrogate us. Great. 

"Where is Nazera?" 

"We do not know." Kaldur said. 

"Do you have an idea of where she could be?" There was hesitation in the air which I knew was a mistake. "I have an idea where she could be." Batman leaned forward, narrowing his eyes at us. "Her car is gone, and she has been drawn to the town, the only thing I want to know is why. I've tried to spy on her but she's using her magic to cover it up so..." He looked at each one of us stopping on me until I thought I would explode. "any of you care to enlighten me?" It was quiet. We were distraught, Nazera had trusted us with something that's important to her. Even though I didn't like Tony, he made Nazera extremely happy, and that was nice to see. It was a different side we got to see of her and it was all real, not just bits and pieces. Batman turned to M'gann staring at her. She did very well under the pressure. He sighed. "Looks like we have to take drastic measures. I don't know if you know, I don't think you do, but Nazera is in terrible danger. She is putting herself in a danger that she knows and is choosing to ignore." 

"What do you mean?" I asked. He turned to me and he looked a little triumph. Stupid curiosity! 

"What I mean, is Nazera doesn't have the same the same control here than she does at her world. She gets sick faster. She will be putting herself and other people at risk... and if she keeps up with this action I'm afraid she will be kicked off the team and she does not want that." Batman explained. We looked at each other. We didn't want Nazera to leave. 

"Is what she doing really worth losing her health, mentally and physically?" Batman asked us. 

"No." Artemis softly said. 

"I need to know, I need to be able to access the urgency of the situation." Batman told us. 

"But we promised not to tell." M'gann squeaked. 

"Sometimes we must make that kind of sacrifice to help, she could kill herself." Batman solemnly said. "What you saw last week, she's been worse." Batman stated. My mind was reeling, why did Batman care so much? Was Nazera really in that much danger? It would make sense, something had happened between Tony and Nazera at that party I had watched Nazera walk away with him. I didn't want Nazera to be kicked off the team, and Batman never broke his word. Was all that worth Tony? In my mind no, not even close. But what about Nazera? She had worked hard for this, she had told us. She had wanted to join us for a while but was unable to, she never told us those reasons. I sighed. 

"I'll tell you." I gave in and everyone turned to me. I looked at the team. "It is best for Nazera and the team." M'gann stood. 

"Robin no! Nazera is happy!" She yelled at me. "The happiest she has been." She looked at the others, who were giving her a sympathetic look. "You can't! You promised, it will break her heart. We've worked so hard, she's worked so hard, she has always trusted us." M'gann said. But I could tell she wasn't going to change their minds. 

"Nazera is in danger M'gann." Connor softly said. 

"Nazera is always in danger. That will never change. Trust me, you don't understand, she tells me all about-" M'gann stopped herself biting her lip. She sighed, looking defeated. "I will not be a part of this betrayal." M'gann said beginning to walk out. 

"We aren't betraying her M'gann." Wally called. She looked back at us. 

"She doesn't need this again." She then looked at Batman. "And you know it, I don't know what you are to Nazera but you know what exactly this means for her, she went through it once." M'gann shook her head. Batman looked at where M'gann was just standing, but he slowly turned to me.