Chapter 14

Four came much too quickly, I spent the rest of the time with Anthony, and despite him only being seventeen, he had some rather masculine features, sharp, strong jaw, sharp nose, defined cheekbones, incredible build, dark hair that was wavy and wild, intense green eyes, that were aware, and then his lopsided grin. He reminded me of the paintings of some of my ancestors. He was taller than me, which made me feel much better, in my world, it was common for women to be tall, but the men were even taller, here I sometimes felt a little self-conscious. We were walking toward the cafe. 

"So Anthony, how long have you lived here?" 

"My whole life. And I've told you to call me Tony." I gave him mischievous smile. 

"You said Tony is what your friends call you, it is obvious you want me to be more than a friend." He was stunned, his mouth fell open, I gently closed it for him, feeling some stubble across chin, and my heart seemed to get ready for take off. I swallowed, moving my finger, tucking some hair behind my ear. 

"Can I have your number?" He asked, I somehow was handing him my phone, while he quickly typed in his number. I snatched his phone and typed in mine. I slipped it in the pocket on his shirt. 

"Would you like to meet tomorrow?" He asked softly. I smiled nodding. 

"That smoothie place?" 

"Chill, yeah. How does four sound?" 

"Four sounds great." I said, giving him a dazzling smile, beginning to walk away. My phone dinged, I pulled it out and looked at it, opening it seeing it was from Anthony. It said see you then. I looked back at him, and gave him a small wave, he returned it, and I didn't want to leave him, but I had to. 

I walked to the car, waiting, and soon they all arrived, laughing and talking about this. 

"Whoa, Nazera." Artemis said pointing to my hair, Miss Martian's jaw dropped. 

"It's so cute!" She gently touched it. I rolled my eyes. 

"I needed a change, my hair was beginning to annoy me." I started the car and began driving back. 

"How was your afternoon?" Miss Martian asked. 

"We know you went to the salon." Artemis pointed out. 

"Your hair looks nice Nazera." Kid Flash complemented. I glanced at him through the rearview mirror. 

"I mostly wandered around, looking at things, I went to a smoothie place, called Chill." 

"Oh, I like that place." Kid Flash said. 

"You like any place with food." Artemis told him. 

"Hey, I can't help it. It speaks to me." He said acting like he was some art critic. Miss Martian smiled. I didn't tell them about Anthony, a part of me wanted to, but not right now. I wasn't sure what to think of him right now. I liked him a lot, I hadn't read him, so I didn't know everything about him and right now I didn't want to. I wanted to take my time, after tomorrow when my head was a little cleared up I would think whether I should tell them or not. 

When we returned I went to my room, my phone dinged. I looked at it. I smiled, it was Anthony. 

Anthony: Hey

Nazera: If you keep texting me, I'll think you are desperate. 

Anthony: Would you still text me back? 

I thought about it for a moment. I bite my lip, hesitant for my answer, but without my control, my finger flew over the keys pressing send. 

Nazera: Yes