Chapter 4

I transported to the training room and happened to land right behind Miss Martian, she screamed, holding her hand to her heart.

"You scared me." She stated. I just smiled at her. 

"At least I didn't land on you. When I was younger I would do that, by accident, of course." She quickly got away from me. Obviously, she was scared of me after what I did to her. What was her greatest power, her mind, I completely bombarded making it impossible for her to do anything. Father just shook his head. I gently hit my head, I would have to get out of the mindset he was my father, he was Batman.  Connor hugged her talking softly to her before shooting me a glare. A flare of anger filled me, but I quickly tamed him, just staring at him emotionless. Aqualad came forward breaking the tension. 

"Welcome to the team." He said extending his hand. I looked at it funny. 

"Why are you doing that?" 

"It's a form of greeting." He explained. I raised my eyebrows with an amused smile. 

"That is now what I was taught." I replied back to him. "Where I come from it means you accept a duel to the death." I said in a grim voice. He pulled it back looking slightly worried. I couldn't help but laugh. "Don't worry, it just means to seal a deal in my world. I've learned it's a greeting."  

"How about saying hello, nice to meet you?" Kid Flash joked. I turned to him. 

"That's fine." 

"Well, we know your name, let us tell you ours." Aqualad started. I held out my hand stopping him. 

"Unnecessary, I already know who all you are, including your more casual names." I looked at Robin while I said this, and he got the message. I knew who he actually was. I smirked at him, as he looked a little nervous. He still had a lot to learn, but from what Alfred told me I hoped he didn't change too much, he seemed to have a wonderful personality. Aqualad, however, kept his emotions from display. I smiled at him. 

"I see why you were chosen, leader." I looked around the room. It was quite plain.There was a small circle which looked somewhat like an arena of some sort. "Who shall I be fighting?" I asked excitedly. Batman finally came forward. 

"Nazera we do not fight, we work together to progress, we do it to learn each other's weaknesses so that we can protect each other." I scoffed. 

"I have shields to do that." I stated. "Besides, I don't have a weakness." I thought for a moment, glancing at Batman. "Well, a known weakness, but besides, I can protect the weakness better. I don't need a team, I'm just interested in how they interact, it's like a TV drama." I stated with a shrug. 

"Maybe you shouldn't train today Nazera." Batman suggested but it was clearly a warning. I gaped at him but quickly found my composure. 

"No, no. We don't fight, we protect. We smack each other around to help each other." I restated, taking a step back, making some distance between me and him, flashing a quick smile and two thumbs up. 

I sat and watched for the first little while, which was a bad idea. I could see each flaw and I wanted to just hit them where it hurt. Finally, I got a turn against Superboy. I smiled wickedly, this would be so fun. We got in the circle, he was getting in ready position or whatever, I just stood there looking at my nails. Then he attacked. I laughed at him as I dodged. 

"What is that? Do you call that form, technique? Please," I scoffed waving my hand at him. He went again looking a little annoyed. "I've seen five-year-olds that are better than you." That annoyed him a little more, but he still was all right. He hit the ground causing it to shake, but it had little effect on me. "Ohh, an earthquake, you may look like a mountain but you are quite the molehill. I mean you are just an experiment. You are merely a prototype. It's only a matter of time that there is a better version of you. Like a phone, you constantly update it, and throw away the old one." I simply stated. That got him angrier, and slowly the more insults I threw at him the angrier and more sloppy he got. Until he was literally just throwing himself at me. 

"My, the way you fight you are a disgrace to that symbol on your shirt. Do you really think you'll be like Superman someday?" He was breathing heavily. "Stop playing dress up, you'll never be like him, you are nothing." I spat at him and that was it. He came roaring toward me, and I held my ground, he threw a horrible punch which I easily grabbed, and threw him over my shoulders, causing the air to knock out of him as he cracked the ground. I quickly made chains appear lacing them with my power and chained them on him, shoving it in the ground. I quickly enchanted it making it impossible to pull out and with that, I stood up staring at my handy work. He struggled for a long time before calming down. I tsked at him and he just shot me glares. 

"You know," I started. "Kryptonite is not your real weakness it is your lack of control over your emotions." I stated giving him a much kinder look. "You have to control, otherwise you get sloppy and blind and one day you'll hurt someone." I sighed. "Believe me I know." I said my voice laced with pain. I looked at him, he looked at me confused. "What helps me, is just think of the perfect place. Your place, the one where you don't feel too much but are content." I closed my eyes taking a deep breath. "Emotions are good, but you have to know how to use them. I didn't use kryptonite once, not once. I just said some words, words." I looked at him disappointed. "Don't ever let someone's words get to you. It's the worst thing you can do to yourself." I said before waving my hand releasing him and returning everything back to normal. I then calmly stood by the arena while everyone, but Batman stared at me. I could feel him pushing into my mind. 

How was that for a training session? I haughtily thought. 

Too far, Nazera. 

Then why did you let it happen? 

We both know you wouldn't let me. They are your teammates, not your enemies. 

What's the difference? I coldly thought. 

Nazera... Father softly thought. 

What? I snapped back. 

We'll talk about this later. And with that, we kept on with our training.