Chapter 22

The next morning, we anxiously awaited for some news that Nazera was all right. No one was in a mood to eat, we were all scared. I had never seen anything like that, I had always seen Nazera as strong as steel and was unbreakable but watching her last night was nerve racking. 

"Do you think she'll be ok?" M'gann asked. I didn't know how to answer. 

"I'm sure she will. Batman knows what to do." Kaldur firmly stated, helping put all our minds at ease. Black Canary came and found us. 

"Time to train." We all looked at each other. She gave us a pitiful look. "Do you want to stand around and wait for Nazera, or do you want to do something and take your minds off it?" She put her hands on our hips. "I know you want to wait, but Batman won't be happy if he knew you wasted all this time worrying." It was true, Batman would not be happy if he knew we just stood around. We all dragged ourselves in the training room. 

Two hours later, we were done, and instead of going to do something else productive we sat around waiting for Nazera. Black Canary happened to pass us. 

"You guys are making this feel like a hospital. Do something, you don't know how long it will be." She urged. M'gann gave her a weak smile but Canary just let it be. 

Finally, Batman came in folding his arms. 

"Nazera is wondering if you want to come and see her." He did not sound pleased by Nazera's request but we sure were. We practically ran to her room and were about to burst in when Batman suddenly appeared in front of the door. "If you aren't calm I won't let you. She's very tired." He warned. We nodded quickly, agreeing to anything just to get in. He carefully opened the door and we all crept in. Nazera was laying in her massive bed. It looked very comfortable, but Nazera still looked a little gray. She gave us a grin, well the best one that she could. 

"Hey." She softly said motioning for us to come closer. We shuffled over to her. 

"How are you feeling?" Kaldur said. Nazera smiled. 

"Much better, but when you compare things to death, everything looks a little brighter." Nazera joked but for us, it wasn't funny. The smile dwindled from her face. "Sorry, that I scared you guys." She humbly apologized. 

"Why are you saying sorry, it's not like you did on purpose." Wally said with a smirk. Nazera looked down at her hands, that were covered in gloves. 

"I might as well, I lost control. I should have known better." It seemed like she said it more to herself. 

"So, what happened?" Connor asked. 

"Connor!" M'gann scolded, turning to him. He held up his hands defensively. 

"I'm asking so maybe we can be of more help next time." Connor quickly said. 

"It's fine, Miss Martian. He has a good point." Nazera said with a sigh. Batman stood on the other side of the bed, his arms crossed. 

"You've seen them Nazera, now they need to leave." Nazera shot a glare at Batman. He just rose his eyebrows. Nazera looked away grumbling under her breath. Then Batman ushered us out, but instead of going back inside the room. 

"When did she start getting sick?" 

"Well, we were coming back from a party down in the town. She rushed to the car, and then we ran after her, and she transported us back here." I told him. His eyes narrowed, then he went in. 

"Oh, I think Nazera in a whole lot of trouble." Wally stated pressing his lips together. 

"If anyone asks, Robin told him." Connor quickly accused. I shot him a glare.