nine

I sighed, putting down my phone. 'A million followers!' I thought to myself. I couldn't quite seem to wrap my mind around how famous he had become. I also felt a bit guilty for missing such a huge part of his life.

"What were you saying, Noelle?" Lucy asked, peeking her head into my room.

"Oh, just that apparently Tom is really famous now. Like over a million followers famous. And his big movie hasn't even come out yet."

"You're kidding."

"Amazingly, I'm not."

"Wow, they really know how to kick out the famous kids from where you're from."

I laughed. "Yeah, you could say we're a talented bunch. Anyway, we should probably start cleaning this flat up before the celebrities arrive."

I ran around our rooms, throwing sweaty clothes into the washing machines with the hope of reducing the stubborn smell of sweat that clung to the rooms. Our flat was generally kept fairly clean, but recently the long hours at the field had not made cleaning seem like fun. I was almost thankful for the company just for the sake of the excuse to stop eating dinner in the same room that my cleats were kept in.

I was beginning to feel nervous about the whole evening. Our space wasn't huge or glamorous; the salary of a professional women's soccer player is not one to be jealous of. What if they were used to eating in fancy restaurants and staying in 5 star hotels? Part of me knew that they weren't the kind of people to let fame get to their heads, but the other part of me wondered how much a person could change in a few years. Were these even the same boys anymore?

I tried to get the negative thoughts out of my head, and busied myself with vacuuming as Lucy cleaned the bathroom. I could not be more thankful that I met her when I first moved to the states. She had made my adjustment a hundred times easier, and had been my rock and shoulder to cry on whenever I missed home. She hadn't even questioned the abrupt announcement that we were having company, and clearly understood how much this meant to me.

I glanced at the clock and saw that it was already 5pm. I decided that I should start dinner now; spaghetti and garlic bread shouldn't be too difficult or fancy but also not too easy. I also remembered Harrison raving about my mom's spaghetti when we were kids, and my mom eventually just cut her losses and gave him all of the leftovers when we were done. It got to the point where it was a running joke about how we could only go to my house if we were eating spaghetti. I smiled at the memories before going to get changed into an outfit that didn't scream 'I just went for a run!'.

Two hours later dinner was ready, along with Lucy and I. We sat on the couch in the living room, her answering emails from potential sponsors on her laptop, and me trying to cram some last minute research in. I would certainly consider myself a marvel fan, but apparently with the hectic travel schedule that I had been running I must have missed Captain America: Civil War coming out. According to my amazing detective skills, the one and only Tom Holland had his big break in the one marvel movie that I managed to miss. I was just looking into some of his older movies as my head jerked up after I heard a sound.

'Knock, knock'

—-
Thanks for reading all, I truly appreciate it :) please vote and comment. Next update might be up tomorrow 🤞🏼