Chapter four

“Poppy. If we see who killed our daughter we are going to the police no matter what even if the motive is still missing.”

“Ok. I completely understand that.

After a five minute drive of completely awkward silence we pulled up outside their house and we walked into the house, into the study. I pulled out my laptop, turned it on and inserted the SD card from camera one.

“Ok guys. Let’s see if we can find the truth.”

The first video didn’t show much. Most of the time we were just looking at the bench, there was only about one hour of footage but at the end we saw Beth just walk straight past the bench. She walked in the direction of the lake. 

We watched eight more which just showed nothing other than tree’s or a car driving round the back of the hut. Clever people, those two men must have known that someone would get hold of the footage. 

And then finally it was time for us to watch the last video. I could feel Pamela tense up next to me as I slid the SD card into the computer.

It immediately came on and for the first few hours of footage (that is strange because the rest of the footage was shorter. 

We skipped it near the end and we saw Beth walking round the end of the Lake. It was like watching a horror movie because a few seconds later we saw someone dressed in black grab her. As we watched her struggle Chloe, Mark and Pamela looked away, in a way I was so angry.... because when the killer took their mask off I could not see their face. But I did see something else....... someone else.

“Guys you need to look at this.”

“Poppy I don’t think they need to watch Beth die again.”

“No watch it but look to the left.”

I skipped it back to the point where the man grabbed Beth and to the left was a person..... a woman. And she looked very familiar.....

“Oh my god! Poppy that is Gina!”

“I know it is.”

“Poppy who is Gina.”

“She was friends with your daughter...... she is the only person that has a motive. But she did not directly kill Beth so if we can talk to Gina we may find out the truth. But do not get your hopes up. Gina could still have a reason for being there.”

“Just find out who killed our daughter.”

“Well we know it was a man that killed her.”

*********************************************

About an hour later me and Chloe were sat in my bedroom coming up with an excuse to speak to Gina.

“Poppy we are not particularly friendly with Gina so what makes you think she will want to talk to us.”

“Just trust me.... go downstairs and get the rest of the stuff from my snack cupboard in the kitchen. I have to update the journal.”

“Fine but once you have finished that you can put a movie on or something... preferably Magic Mike.”

Friday, 17th June

Isn’t it funny how everyone is Alaska is still saying it is winter even though it is almost summer. I am guessing that it is practically winter all year round in Alaska because it is so cold. We found all of the camera’s, and we watched all of the footage, we practically watched Beth die but we did get something out of it. We know that Gina, Beth’s ex-bestfriend witnessed her death. Either that or she had something to do with it. All we need to do now is find a way to talk to Gina and question her about it.... I think blackmail will be the only way to get the information out of her. I will say that if she does not tell us why she was there she can tell the police instead.