Chapter five

If your best friend went missing what would you do about it? Would you go out and look for them? Or would you let the police do their job? Well I am not that kind of person to tell the truth. Chloe has now been missing for four days and I am going out of my mind, I have been to visit Mark and Pamela several times in the past few days but we cannot fully concentrate considering Chloe is missing and it is just getting too much for everyone but we are not going to give up, Beth would not want us to give up and neither would Chloe. 

All I need to do is find a way for the killer to get themselves caught, but the thing that stops me from doing that is the fact that the killer is probably watching me now. There is no way for me to get anywhere near the other four Andrew’s from my class because school is still closed so I have no way of being near them to talk to them without anyone getting suspicious.

“Poppy I need to have a word with you.”

“Mom I would rather stay in bed right now.”

“Fine. I think you need to stop thinking about this whole thing. You are driving yourself crazy and it is getting silly.”

“Mom my best friend is missing. She could be dead!”

“I understand that but would she want you to be doing all of this.”

“She would if she thought it would help people.”

“Sweet heart you can’t always help other people.”

“Why not?”

“It is not your job.”

“What if I want to make it my job?”

“Please don’t turn this into a fight Poppy.”

“Then just let me do this mom. I need to because if I don’t I will never forgive myself. And I will not live with the fact that I could have helped people but I didn’t. I am going to do this until I find the truth and if you tell the police I will never forgive you mom.”

“Fine I won’t tell them but do not blame me when you find out something that you will regret finding out about.”

“Why do you know who the killer is?”

“No of course not!”

“Then just let me do what I have to do mom.”

*************************************

“Mom I am going out for little while.”

“Where?” 

“Just for a drive... i need to think.”

“Don’t be too long.”

“Yeah I know you tell me that every day.”

“It is called caring Poppy.”

“What I am doing is called caring. Why can’t you understand that?”

“It is not safe for you to be doing this.”

“I know that. I will be back in a couple of hours so I will be back before sunset.”

Why does no one understand that I need to find the truth. If a rumour was going round about you at school would you not want to know who it is. Exactly you would want to know who it is. You would want the truth...............

An hour later I was sat in Pamela’s living room.

“Sorry to disturb you Pamela. I just needed to talk to someone who understands.”

“It’s fine and I enjoy the company. Mark went back to work today.”

“Is it weird without Beth here.”