Epilogue

Hazel

(6 years later)

I sat on the chair beside Alessandra, watching our children play tag in the grassy field. It would've looked picture perfect if it weren't for the undead roaming behind the gates.

"Did you ever tell them about Derek and what he did for us?" I asked as I watched my daughter Jade tag Alessandra's son Ven.

"I tell them small stories every now and then. I'll wait til they're older to tell them the full stories." She replied.

"Ven and Anna look just like him."

"Yeah I know. But of course, Anna has my beauty while Ven has his charm."

We chuckled softly and the door opened behind us. Xander walked out and greeted me with a kiss.

"The twins are having fun I see." He commented as he handed Aless and I crackers.

"We gotta let them be kids for now." I said. "When they all get older, they'll have each other. If we die, the three of them will take care of each other. You can't have a childhood for too long in this world."

"True that." Xander folded his arms.

I opened my pack of saltine crackers and took a bite out of the dry food. Our kids were around the same age, Jade being the youngest by a year. Alessandra gave birth to twins in the newly built hospital and I've been helping her raise them since then. She hasn't tried getting with another man since Derek died and it's only because she wants to focus on her kids for now. Ven and Anna are both 6, but Anna came out before Ven so she's older by 5 minutes.

I got with Xander a couple months after Derek died and Blinksville was ruined. After we rebuilt a huge majority of the community, Xander and I decided to have a child and keep the world populated.

The community grew throughout the years and our alliance with The Revolution granted us safety and survival. John would occasionally stop by to check on us and deliver some supplies.

Everything was alright, and I knew our kids would have a bright future. There would be hardships, obviously but I'd do anything to ensure the safety of my children and God children.

My daughter has a bad ass mom, and she's lucky she'll have good friends. Most kids barely have time to make friends their age and most are too weak to survive.

But this community isn't Blinksville anymore. It's New Gunther. We have a wall to remember those we lost, and those who had a huge impact on our home. Derek was up there with Star, Michael, and Alex.

Everything is great, and I'm gonna keep it that way.