Give Him Hell

Hazel

John, along with the rest of The Resistance, began shooting at Machton's mercenaries that were in the hallway. Mercs fired back at them, hitting some innocent people in the process. Alessandra and I crawled to cover and watched as bodies hit the floor. John rushed to us with Angelo and Violet and handed us guns.

"Cover us. We saw Xander get carried away by someone in the other room and we're gonna try and bring him back."

I nodded and turned the safety on the assault rifle off. I shot sporadically, making sure John and the others didn't get hurt in the process. When they were out of sight, we heard gunshots echo down the halls. Alessandra and I stood up, making sure there weren't any bullets coming our way, then bolted out the room into the hallway John went to.

Blood was strewn all over the walls and bodies of Machton's people littered the floor. We heard more gunshots, though it was only coming from one place and there weren't any enemies around.

"Keep an eye out for any infected, or any surviving assholes." I told Aless.

I looked down the iron sights and turned the corner where the gunshots were coming from. I was relieved to see Derek laid up against a wall shooting at the infected that were feeding on corpses.

"Derek!" Aless yelled in excitement. She rushed to his side and gave him a long hug. "Are you okay? Where's Xander? Where did Rodney go?"

"Slow down hun," Derek replied with a small laugh, "my head's still killing me. But yes, I'm okay. My brother should have gotten to Xander by now, and Rodney ran away like the little bitch he is."

Danny? I shook my head and gave Derek a hug. Aless and I helped him up to his feet. "What happened?"

"Xander and I attempted a heroic rescue that went bad. We found this bad ass riot gear though so that's something. Anyway, I got hit in the back of the head with something and then Rodney was doing those cliche villain talks. I saw my brother working with him, then all of a sudden a bullet hit Rodney in the shoulder. From there, Danny helped me out, but I don't know where he's at now."