Chapter 1

"The alphas have Isaac?" I questioned after Derek informed me the Isaac hasn't been back in a while and hasn't called or anything.

"We don't know that yet" Derek stated as he was putting his black leather jacket on getting ready to go look for him. I furrowed my eyebrows at his statement. Derek is usually the one to jump to conclusions.

"Since when did you become the optimistic one?" I asked. Derek turned and looked at me confused his eyebrows pulled together slightly. 

"What do you mean?" he asked. I decided to shake my head and change the subject. I wasn't going to let Derek look for Isaac alone. 

"I'm coming with you, you shouldn't look for them by yourself" I said grabbing my own jacket. I started to put it on when the steel doors of the volt opened up. Looking up hoping it would be Isaac, I grunted as I saw who it really was. Peter. 

"Nice to see you too" Peter said walking in and looking at Derek. "Derek won't be alone I'm helping him." My eyebrows shot up in surprise. Peter Hale? Helping? 

"Yeah and what's in it for you?" I questioned. Peter shot me a fake look of hurt. 

"I can't help my pack find a fellow pack member?" He asked. His voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Who ever said you were part of the pack?" I questioned him. I looked over at Derek with raised eyebrows. He stepped in between Peter and I and looked at me. 

"I said he could as long as he helped out" Derek said calmly. 

"You trust him!" I shouted. Not believing he would do such a thing.

"No!" He said then rested his hand on my upper arm "We need all the help we can get Haley, I don't want to bother Scott with this, he should be a normal teenager" It took me a second to agree but when I nodded my head and we all headed out the door to look for Isaac. 

***

Unfortunately we never found Isaac. The only conversation shared between all of us were suggestions on where to look next. When Derek and I got to the loft there was silence between us. I placed my jacket on the sofa and went to look out the window. I felt his eyes on me as I looked out the window. I saw his reflection in the glass. His face looked concerned. Concerned for me. 

"You haven't been sleeping" He stated. It's true I get at most maybe three hours of sleep every night. Nightmares are what is keeping me up. Nightmares about the fire. About the alpha pack hurting the people I care about. I didn't think he noticed. 

"Nothing new" I stated.

"Nightmares?" He questioned walked up to me. I gave him a slight nod. "About the fire?" He asked. 

"Sometimes, other times the alpha pack" I said. I usually don't share this information but I know Derek will pressure me into telling him so I might as well get it over with. 

"They won't hurt you" Derek said bluntly.

"You don't know that, first Boyd and Erica, now Isaac" I said still looking out the window. 

"We are going to find them, and I won't let them hurt you" He said. How can he be so sure of that? I didn't reply back to him I just continued looking out the window. Derek was still looking at me as he stepped closer to me. "Haley" he whispered so softly that if I didn't have supernatural hearing I would not have been able to hear. I turned around to find his face only inches from mine. He brought his hand up to my face and pushed a bundle of hair behind my ear. He seemed to be studying how his hand was moving, and how the hair stayed behind my ear. When his eyes landed back on mine I saw them glance on my lips. I let him lean in first. The connection of our lips had that same spark it always had. If I had to define this kiss we were having in one word it would be passion. He seemed desperate to have my lips on his. My arms were wrapped around his neck and his arms wrapped around my thighs to lift me up around his waist. He gently set me down on the desk and started to kiss down my neck.