Chapter 24

Your POV

You slowly woke up as the sunlight slipped through the window and was hitting your eyes. You stretched out your arms and legs as you were slowly waking up. You sat up to see Kakashi sleeping beside you and smiled. You went down to kiss his forehead, but as soon as you got near his face, he kisses you on the lips surprising you.

"Good morning." Kakashi said smiling while resting his forehead on yours.

"No fair, I thought you were sleeping." You said while laughing softly.

"Nah, I was up before you. I was just admiring that goofy grin you always have in your sleep. I haven't seen it in so long, I'll be honest I missed that grin and your terrible sleeping." Kakashi said while hugging you. You were smiling and laughing. You then got up to raise the blinds on the window to let in some sunshine. Once you did, the sun hit Kakashi as he sat up and stretched. You smiled at him and he was signaling you to come closer. As you sat between his legs, you both held each other's cheeks. You both froze and laughed. You then grabbed Kakashi's hand that was caressing your cheek and noticed his knuckles were bruised.

"Did you hurt your hand from fighting me yesterday?" You said while still looking at his hand, concerned. He chuckled as he looked at you.

"Well, this is nothing compared to the injuries I got when I fought you one on one. Don't worry, it'll heal." Kakashi tried to pull his hand away from you, but you still held on to it. You kissed his knuckle and held it close to your face. Kakashi's eyes widened as you did that.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to fight you then and now. You always get hurt because of me." You said letting go of his hand and turning away from him, your back facing him. Kakashi sighed. He grabbed your waist and pulled you close to him and kissed your neck.

"You don't need to apologize for anything. You had your reasons, so don't beat yourself over it. I get hurt regardless if I'm with you or not, that's the life of a ninja. Fighting for what you believe in and for what you wanna protect." Kakashi said as you turned to look at him. "I wanted to protect you."

"Man, you're cute when you try to cheer me up." You laughed. Kakashi raised his eyebrow at you while laughing. The rest of your first morning together was just the two of you being lovey-dovey.

~ Time skip ~

You were back in the cleaned up conference room reading over the files on your parents and the reports on the experiments done on your mother. You had a much cooler head than you did the day before, especially now that you and Akira have teamed up. You sighed as you close the files, feeling like you've found closure.

Then you suddenly remembered about Tobi. He could still be in the village waiting for the perfect opportunity to steal these files, and you didn't want that to happen. Also, you had a strange sensation as if there was a person on the ceiling, staring at you with the intent to kill. You open one file again and was pretending to read so you could talk with Akira.

"Kira-chan, am I hallucinating or is there someone on the ceiling looking directly at me?" You thought.

"No, there's definitely someone there but I can't see them clearly. From what I can tell, it's a female ninja. She's hiding her chakra so it would be hard to notice her without Sage chakra. Lucky us you actually trained and mastered that. If you enter Sage mode then you'll find her easy." Akira said while growling.

"It's a good thing I left a clone at the room me and Kakashi stayed in. It's currently meditating and should be done in 4 more minutes. For now, please keep watch of her Akira." You said to her.