14. Party

~Chapter Fourteen - Party~

“Really?! You’re finally going to socialize in the society!” My mother looked excited. She had a big smile on her face. I had never gone to any party. Even when I go, I’m usually dragged. This time I’m willing going so this is surprise to my mother.

“Who are you going with?” She inquired.

“Blade,”

Her eyebrows shot up. “Blade Brown? That guy?” She asked incredulously and I simply nodded my head in answer. A broad grin appeared on her face.

“That’s amazing! He is such a cutie. You two will look really good together. I’m so happy my little angel has found her Prince Charming!”

“Huh?” Prince Charming?

“You’ve finally found a boyfriend. This is really good.” She grinned at me.

“MOM!” I interrupted her before she could jump into any other conclusions. “He is not my boyfriend. This is only one time thing. We are not dating at all.”

“Sure, sure. You’re not.” She nodded her head but her eyes said she didn’t believe me. Well whether she believed me or not was not my problem. It was better to give up on that topic.

“That’s not the point. I need to get ready. Help me mom!” I pouted and her eyes lit up with excitement.

“Leave it to me.”

** **

I must say mom did an amazing job. If it was me with a makeup kit, it would have been a disaster. The red lipstick went well with the red dress. But my lips felt kind of weird. Usually I apply lip gloss on them. The lipstick was like an extra thick layer. My cheeks were tinged red and the skin was really smooth. The hair was beautifully held in an elegant bun. I think it’s enough now. That’s too much praise for my beauty. Note the sarcasm.

“Oh! My princess looks so beautiful.” My mother said in a soft voice, staring at my reflection in the mirror. I smiled and looked up at her. But then I looked away awkwardly.

I think I see tears in her eyes.

“You’ve grown up so much. I feel like it was only yesterday when you were still trying to crawl.”

“Mom, I’m not going to get married. Don’t go all emotional on me now.”

“Kids these days. They don’t understand the emotions of their parents.”

I rolled my eyes at that. “Blade will be here soon.” It was better to change the topic. “Let’s go down.”

Ten minutes later, Blade was at the front door. I checked my dress. I guess it was okay, the dark red dress with a V neck off the shoulder. It hugged my waist and flared down.

My mother was the one who opened the door while I was standing at the bottom of stairs. I wondered how Blade would look in those clothes. I’ve only ever seen him in casual clothes. That day, at his house, he looked exceptionally good. He looked really good. And ever since that, his looks get better and better every day. That cute face of his…

“What are you smiling about?” My mother’s words interrupted me. My lips parted and eyes widened. I hadn’t realized I was smiling. But then I was surprised at the sight of Blade at her side.

He was wearing the suit I gave him. The dark red shirt matched perfectly with my dress. The black coat and pants contrasted well against his slightly pale skin. I guess when it comes to skin, we both aren’t enough familiar with sun. His hair looked exceptionally good. They were so black and so shiny. My hands itched to touch them.