2

Chapter 2

Chloe's POV :

"Good morning, students. I would like to announce that we have a new student starting today! Come on over, Richard." My teacher, Ms. Baked says.

A tall, brown haired boy with piercing green eyes shyly walked towards Ms. Baker's desk. "It's Ricky, actually". He corrected her.

Ricky.

There was something about him that I couldn't quite put my finger on, but I knew it was there.

"Why don't you take that seat right next to Chloe?" She asked, pointing to the seat and started to talk to me.

"Hi, Chloe." He says.

I nod. "Hey." It seems like he was anticipating a better answer from me, but he moves his eyes to the tile and leans back into his chair.

We finish the rest of the class and Ms. Baked pulls me aside. "Chloe, could you show Ricky to all his classes? He doesn't know where to go and you know these halls better then anyone of these students." She pleads.

"Yeah, sure."

...

I make my way to my locker and take out all my books. I need for science, then find Ricky.

"Can I see you're schedule?" I asked him.

He handed me the piece of paper and I scanned it. He has almost every class with me, except 2. This period and 9th period. I lead him to his class which is math.

Without noticing, I doodle his name all over my notebook. Someone taps my shoulder. This girl looks almost exactly like Ricky.

"I see you have a crush." She points towards the 7 drawings of his name. I blush and slam the notebook closed.

"I'm Paige. And Ricky is my twin brother." She winks at me.

My face loses color. Of course she'll tell him I have a slight crush on him. And he'll be so afraid of me. As if reading my mind, she tells me that she won't tell him. I thank her and turn back to my work.

"Find a partner! We're working this with groups!" Shouts the teacher.

I turn to Paige, hoping she'll want to be partners. And she does. We work the entire 40 minute period and finish before anyone else.

"Can I sit with you at lunch?" Paige asks in the hallway. "It looks like Ricky already made some friends." She points to the end of the hall where the popular group surrounds him, including Maddie, who has her arm on his and she's smiling at him.

"Let's go." I say, turning away. "We have the same period together."