4

Chapter 4.

Chloe's POV:

For the first time in a while, i'm going out with my friends. I straighten my hair and get dressed. Just as i finish my makeup, the doorbell rings and i know it's Ricky picking me up.

My mother had gone to the bar tonight so i was all clear to go wherever i wanted. I was free for at least one night.

When Paige knocked on the door to bring me to the movies, we rushed to the car to get out of the rain.

"You look wet." Ricky remarks.

I give him a 'i already know, don't remind me' kind of look. He laughs.

....

We walk into the movie theaters, meeting "the popular s" by the entrance.

"It took you long enough." Maddie grumbles.

"Sorry, sorry. I couldn't choose how to so my hair." Ricky says in a high-pitch voice and flips the air by his ear.

Maddie smiles.

I can tell by the look in her eyes, she has a thing for Ricky. If Nick or Brandon or any other guy said that, she would roll her eyes and snap at them.

"What movie are we seeing?" I ask no one in particular.

"Divergent." Says Paige.

I squeal.

"I LOVED that movie! And the books." i say, Brooke looks at me like i just insulted her. I'm suddenly fascinated by the color of my shoes.

Paige whispers in my ear, "Don't worry, i read 'em, too." I smile gratefully and we head inside the theater.

....

After the movie on our way home, Ricky was talking about how annoying Maddie was during the movie. I smiled and laughed to myself.

"She was like all over me! Ad i kept trying to pull my arm away, but she was clinging to it! That girl is something else." He rolls his eyes and looks at me through the rear view mirror.

I chuckle because he thought it was funny. Anger boils up inside me since Maddie's partially my friend.

....

He drops me off and i step inside the house. Beer and wine bottles cover the floor. The scent of alcohol fills my nose and i know.

My mother is home.

She's home before me.

Before i even make an effort to run up the stairs. I feel a fist hit my temple and i black out.

.

thank you all for giving me
support on this fanfic! have an amazing day, you deserve it x