10

Chapter 10.

Chloe's POV :

Backstage, it was 'girls only' so Ricky had to wait for Paige and I to come out.

"Wasn't that just the cutest thing?" Paige breathed behind the curtain when she was changing.

"Yeah, it was pretty cute. You going with anyone?" She walked out, dressed with the huge blue dress in her hands.

"Actually, yes. I was gonna wait to tell you but Brandon asked me. And he's really cute!" I laughed alongside her as we headed towards Ricky's car.

"So am I going to me forced to go dress shopping?" I groan. She gasps.

"You took the words right out of my mouth. Of course! This is our junior prom!"

We automatically drop the conversation when we open His car doors. The second I safely sit on my bed, I start texting Kendall. She gets so excited she calls me.

"I'm coming with you! You need a perfect dress for your first real dance with an actual boy!" She squeals. I laugh as we continue to talk until I hear my mother slam the front door.

"Gotta go." I whisper and end the call.

...

"Hey, is it okay if my cousin, Kendall comes with us?" I ask Paige when she picks me up.

"Yeah. Where does she live?" I tell her the directions and she takes off for Kendall's house.

"THIS is her house?" Paige gasps

. A huge mansion with light-colored stood before us and two giant cars were parked in the driveway. If I haven't mentioned before, Kendall's family is really rich. She's the only daughter left in her house-her sisters left for college a few years ago and now are living on their own- so her parents have a little more money than they did before. But that really doesn't change anything. They were always rich.

"Yeah." I shrug.

I tell Paige to honk the horn and Kendall comes out balancing on her heels.

"All right, ladies. Who's ready for some shopping?" She asks.

"Kendall's the queen of fashion. She'll tell you everything you need to know about every single fashion detail in history." I explain.Kendall nods in agreement.

"There's not much you can teach me. I'm pretty amazing, if I do say so myself." Paige brags. Kendall laughs.

"Bailey's Boutique? I love this place!" Kendall squeals as we walk towards the front doors.

"Oh em gee, me too!" Says Paige. I laugh hard as they gossip about the dresses here.

"Try every one of these dresses on then come out. I need to see every single one." Kendall orders after she handed me a huge pile of dresses.

After about a thousand dresses later, I try on a short, strapless dress and instantly fall in love with it.

"Ah! OMG it's perfect!" Paige screams.

I look down at the dress. It's pink and orange on the ruffly bottom and has a jeweled belt with a pink top.

"Thanks." I pose.

"We need to get you some accessories!" Kendall says and rushes over to some lady that works here.

"Found your dress yet?" I ask Paige.

"Yep." She pulls out a short,simple purple dress. Kendall comes back with a white rose to put in Paige's hair and an orange purse for me. Then, she hands us our shoes.

"Thanks for coming with me. This trip has been going on forever, though." I groan.

"Oh, it's not over. Now we have to shop for hair and makeup stuff. I'm coming over to help you guys get ready." Kendall says. I groan again as we pull up to Sephora (makeup store).

...

"Thanks for the great time today." I tell Paige after she dropped Kendall off at her house and pulls her car into my driveway.

"You'll look amazing!." She reminds me. Paige has been saying that since I picked out my dress.

"Thanks." I laughed and took all my shopping bags. I quickly take my bags upstairs and hide them in my closet.

"Ah, you're so beautiful." I say to my dress.

Once I'm almost 100% sure that my mother isn't home, I run downstairs to grab some food. I take a banana, a granola bar, and a Sprite in a bottle. Just as I'm on the first step, I get yanked back by my hair.

"Where do you think you're going?" My mother says through gritted teeth.

I don't answer...she doesn't want me to. My food and drink get thrown onto the floor. I can't remember the rest since I was slammed against a wall and blacked out.

The girl that stands before me is not me.

This girl has a black, swollen eye; a nest as hair; dried blood coming from her nose; and ripped clothes. In the time I have to get ready for school, I don't have enough time to cover my eye with makeup. Since its only Friday, I'm allowed to look terrible. I throw my hair into a ponytail, put on my prescription sunglasses, and get dressed. I have barely anytime to get to school so I have to run. My book bag is slapping my back as I go on.

"Hey, you were almost late. It's so not like you." Says Paige when I get to my locker.

"I know. I overslept." I tell her. I thought I was clear out of the water, that no one would notice me, but Ricky did.

"Why are you wearing sunglasses?" He asks.

"The sun was hurting my eyes." I respond. He gives me an annoyed look.

"It's raining outside." I totally forgot it was raining. He removes my glasses and I look down.

"Chlo, you promised you would tell me if she did this again."

"Someone might see." I say as I take the glasses out of his hand and put them back on my face.

"Lets go." He takes me into homeroom.

.

guys this book is coming to a end omg *cries*

vote & comment xx