11

Chapter 11.

Chloe's POV :

My eye eventually came back to its original color just in time for prom. I don't want to be having a black eye in my prom pictures.

"9:30, you and Kendall get to my house tomorrow. That'll barely get enough enough time to do all the stuff I'm planning for us to get done. My mom works at this hair place and she's getting some of her friends to do our hair and makeup." Paige says after school Friday before the prom.

"Okay. I'll be there," I tell her.

"With Kendall, of course." I add. 

My dress and shoes are still perfect; my mom hasn't touched them yet. I still imagine my mom being normal towards me and talking about prom with me.

"You'll have the time of your life!" She would say.

"Everything will be perfect, but this will be almost as stressful as your wedding. Don't get me started for your senior prom.

That'll be 10x as bad. Oh my gosh, you'll be a senior next year! My little Chlo-Bird is gettin' too old!" Then she'd get in some huge conversation about how she'll miss me when I go to college and when I get married and she'll be obsessed with my kids.

It brings tears to my eyes remembering the real her. She would love to see me go to my prom, but I have to go to someone else's house to get ready because I'm deathly afraid of her.

It isn't right.

...

At 9:34 on Saturday, Paige is freaking out.

"You are late! We barely have enough time as it is!" She shouted. I put my dress and my shoes next to her's in her giant pink room.

"Lets go!" She yelled as I pounded downstairs.

"Little Miss 'I Need Breakfast' is the reason we're late." Kendall explains.

I woke up on time and took a shower, but when Kendall came over she didn't bring me anything to eat, like she said she would, so I had to make my own and it took forever! Of course now I'm gonna get blamed if Paige is off her 'perfect schedule'.

"Lets move girls." Paige starts running into the mall.

"Reservation for Garcia." She says at the nail place.

They lead us to three chairs and get to work. I think the lady asked me what color my dress was but I can't understand most of these people since their Chinese.

"Um... pink and orange." I say and she splashes paint onto my nails.

After my eyebrows are tweezed and waxed and I get my gel nails, we get rushed out again. I'm a little scared to see what Paige is gonna make me do when we get to her house.

..

"When people first start putting makeup on, it looks a little crazy. So thank The Lord your cousins not here to see you. She would bite my head off." Paige's aunt Leslie laughs. I smile, but she yells at me to quit moving.

"Can I see?" I ask, trying to stand up.

"No. You're not ready yet." She curls my hair and waterfall braids it then puts those gems in the braid.

Leslie helps me into my dress and shoes and leads me downstairs to the full length mirror. I gasp at what I see. I don't even look like myself. Paige gasps as well. The shoes I'm wearing give me a ton of height so I'm almost as tall as her in them.

"You look so beautiful." Cries Paige.

Kendall's family arrives and crowds around me.

"I know your mom would love to see you." Aunt Jill says. I smile. Brandon gets here, too.

"Picture time!" Shouts Kelly. Ricky comes down with a corsage to match my dress.

"For you." He attaches it to my wrist.

Kelly makes us pose in multiple times.

When we got there , the dance is a hot zoo when we get there. Ricky laces his fingers into mine to keep me closer. A girl in all black leads us to our table. When I was thinking this could be the best night ever, Maddie sits at the table next to ours.

.

one chapter left .........