7

Chapter 7.

Ricky's POV :

"Ok, fine. It's-" I say after Nick and Brandon ask me to tell them who I like. But I get interrupted by Nick.

"It's Chloe isn't it?" He smirks.

"Why would you think that?"

"I've seen the way you look at her. I know that look. 'Cause that's how I look at Maddie." I move my tongue around in my mouth a little.

"Fine. It's Chloe. But you can't tell her."

"We won't." Assures Brandon.

I nod and turn around to go home. I see one of Chloe's bracelets on the ground so I pick it up and decide to stop at her house before I go to mine.
On the way there, I see Chloe dangling her feet off a cliff. I quietly close the door to my car since it looks like Chloe's talking. I don't want to interrupt her.

"...to be honest, this last month has kinda been a roller coaster. Mom has been abusing me more than she has, but I met Ricky. Ricky Garcia. I think you've seen what happened with him and Maddie dropping me because of him but he kinda made my life just a little brighter. Except that he likes some girl," I hear Chloe say as I creep closer.

"I know I should be happy for him since I'm his friend but I'm just a little jealous. I think you guys have been seeing that."I've had enough with this, though. I feel like I'm getting torn to shreds just a little more each day. I miss you. I need to see you."

She sighs and sits in silence for a while. "You know, I think I will see you." She stands up and hangs her toe off the cliff.

"No." I whisper. I sprint for her as she says, "To NeverLand." I grab her before she falls and slam her into the ground. She's unconscious. I pace around her, holding my head in my hands. She tried to kill herself. She tried to kill herself. What am I gonna do? I pick her up and sit her in the backseat of my car.

"Why would she do this?" I murmur to myself. She had to have had a pretty great reason to jump off a cliff. I keep shaking my head on the way over to my house. I pick Chloe up from the backseat and carry her to the door.

"Anyone home?" I shouted. No answer. Perfect. I sat on the couch with her sitting on my lap and kept rocking her back and forth. I kiss her forehead but keep my lips on there a little longer than I should've. I hear a sound coming from Chloe. "Ricky?..."

....

Chloe's POV:

I woke up with a pounding headache. Wait-I woke up! I shouldn't have woken up! I'm supposed to be dead! I picked my head up to look at my surroundings.

A TV in the middle of the room, two chair on either sides of it, and a sliding glass door across from me. I groaned. This made my head hurt even more. Then I heard footsteps coming closer to me.

"Chloe!" They shouted. I slammed my head back against the couch I was laying on. "Chloe?" The person asked when they arrived to me.

"Chloe Elizabeth Lukasiak I know you're awake." I slowly open one eye to meet Ricky's. I quickly shut it.

"Chlo.... Please just look at me." He says.

I finally keep my eyes open and scowl at him.

"You know, for someone who just saved your life and is going to save your headache, you don't seem too happy towards me." He jokes then hands me a glass of water with an Advil.

"Thanks." I croak.

"Now don't get too comfortable because we need to talk. Why did you try to kill yourself?" He asks with his bright brown eyes staring me down. I sigh.

"Did you listen in on what I was saying?" He shakes his head.

"Ok, well it was for a lot of reasons but mostly because of my mom. It just seemed like a better place to be in than here."

"There's no better place to be. Because I'm here," He says. I laugh and shove his arm.

"Now, since you tried to do that to yourself, I need to be around you the whole weekend. You pick first then me. Lets go."

He picks me up bridal style and I laugh. Ricky carries me out to his car and sets me down in the passenger seat. "Where to first?" He asks as he starts the engine. I've wanted to do this since I was a kid.

"Extreme paint-balling!" I say and he takes off.

.

Thank god Ricky was on time !! (sorry if i have given a heart attack lmao)