5

Chapter 5.

Chloe's POV :

I wake up to a pounding head ache, just about where my mother hit it last night. Last night! That means its morning, and i'm laying on my bed.

I start panicking.

My mother would never have done that, so it means someone was in my house. Someone picked me up and brought me to my room.

Someone saw what i looked like after my mother abused me. Finally, i found the culprit. Sitting on the end of my bed, twiddling with my thumbs sits the brown hair boy who sat next to me in homeroom.

Ricky.

He notices me being awake.

"Chloe! Are you ok? Are you hurt? Well, obviously you're hurt but-" I interrupt him.

"Did you, uhm, see what happened?" I ask.

He shakes his head.

"No. But i got a pretty good picture of who did it. You left you're phone in my car so i brought it back to you after i dropped Paige off at my house. The door was opened so i stepped in ad i saw you're mom walk up the stairs with a bottle of wine in her mouth. You were on the ground, unconscious." He looks at his hands again.

"We don't really know each-other well, but i don't want you to get hurt."

I sigh and scoot over next to him.

The pain in my head is like cement when people are trying to tear it up with a jackhammer.

"I'll be fine. I'm tough. It's been going on since i was twelve." I explain.

Ricky takes his eyes off his hands and puts them on mine. I didn't mean to tell him that. I just kinda slipped out.

"What?"

"What?" I pretend i don't know what he's talking about, i'm just a dumb blonde.

"You said it's been going since you were twelve. That's five years!" He exclaims. I sigh and try to crack a joke.

"Four. I'm not seventeen until May." I feel him get up from my bed.

"Please, just whenever this happens again, give me a call. I drop everything and come over." He says.

"Your mom left this morning, and I kinda have to get home. I told my mom i'd be home at ten thirty." Ricky sighs and helps me off the bed.

I wobble a bit and get a head rush, but he steadies me by putting his hand on the small of my back. My shirt rode up a little over night, so his cold fingers feel like clouds against my warm flesh.

"Thanks." I mumble. He pulls me into a hug. I'm only about 5'3 and Ricky is maybe 5'8. My head presses against his chest and i wrap my arms around him.

"Please, don't tell anyone about this, not even Paige." I muffle into his shirt.

"You have to promise."

"I promise."

Great. The guy who I've known for less than three weeks is being trusted with my deepest, darkest secret.