Chapter 18

Copyright © 2014 by Stupid_and_Proud

All Rights Reserved

*Not Revised*

Jer raised one of his eyebrows. “Really? Because it looks like you are moving in on my sister in a really tight in closed janitors closet. I do hope you know she is claustrophobic.”

Oliver and Jer both looked at me. Oliver looking more concerned for some odd reason. “That’s not what happened at all Jer. I hope YOU know that.” I picked up my bag and walked past Oliver and Jer out of the closet. “Don’t you have class right now Jer?”

“Um yeah, but whatever.” He shrugged. “May I have some skittles? Please?”

I turned around to face him still walking out of the school. “Um,” I put my index finger up to my chin like I was thinking about it. “No.”

“Why?” He complained.

“Because you know that’s my favorite candy EVER.” I turned around and walked out of the school. Jer and Oliver following me. “Why are you two following me?” I stopped and turned back around to look at them.

Oliver piped up first. “Remember I don’t have any more classes today. I have the same schedule as you. So I am leaving because I have stuff to do today.”

“Oh.” I feel so stupid.

“I followed you because I wanted to make sure you made it to your car without getting into another fight.” Jer smirked. I rolled my eyes.

“I got it. Get back to class. Oliver can walk me to my car. See you later.” I smirked back even though I absolutely hate smirking. I only did it because Jer knows I hate it. I turned to walk away.

“Okay. You two love birds have fun!” I rolled my eyes.

I turned back around remembering I needed to tell Jer something. “Oh hey I won’t be home tell 11p.m. tonight. Aunt Lora already knows.” I shouted it to him since we got kind of far from each other.

I could see him wiggle his eyebrows. “Okay. Have fun with whatever you’re going to do!”

“Alright!” I turned back around. I started walking and Oliver started walking next to me. “You really don’t need to walk me to my car. I was just saying that to get him off my back.”

“What if I want to?” He looked at me and smiled the most heart melting smiles ever!

“Okay.” I smiled back. Don’t go all shy on me now body! When we got to my car I went to reach for the car door handle. Oliver stopped my hand. “What are you doing?”

He opened my door. “Being a gentleman to a beautiful girl.”

I stepped in and flung my bag into the back after I got my keys. I put it into the ignition and started my truck. He closed my door and I rolled down the driver side window. “Why thank you. Do you need a ride to your car?”

“Since your offering, why not?” While he was going to the other side I reached back into my bag and grabbed my bag of skittles and put it in the cup holder. He hopped in and closed his door. “So I assume you love skittles.”

“Yeah of course! Didn’t you hear me back there talking to Jer?”

“I kind of zoned out. But guess what?”

I looked at him. “What?”

“One more thing I know about you. Let’s see what do I know about you so far? Your name is Serena Brooks, you like skittles, you’re claustrophobic, you hate peppers, you have a brother that is pretty awesome,” that earned a snort from me. “You have an Aunt named Lora, you get in trouble probably a lot,”