Stalker

Chapter 12

It's a good thing I decided to put my regular clothes back on, but it didn't stop me from feeling exposed when Sasha and Seth stared at me wide-eyed.

"What do you mean someone's been watching you?" Seth asked, suddenly protective.

"I don't know. I got a letter like this before I went to your house the other day." When I looked up at him, he look different, he looked dangerous. I would have been more afraid, if Sasha had not interrupted my thoughts.

"Oh my God! You have a stalker! We have to call the police!" She panicked. She tried to run to her phone, but I pulled her back.

"No. You can't tell anyone. I don't think he's dangerous."

Seth and Sasha looked at me like I was crazy. "What the hell do you mean he's not dangerous?" Seth practically yelled.

"I think that if he wanted to hurt me, he would have. The only creepy thing he's done to me is to watch me."

"Ella, that's ridiculous. He's gonna eventually hurt you in some way. I'm not just gonna stand here while-"

"Your gonna have to, until I figure out what he wants."

"Ella-"

"I think you've met him. The guy with the grey eyes and dark hair. I think he's the one whose been leaving those notes. The one telling people where I am. Think about it, has he really done anything bad towards me. If anything, he's been helping me."

"I guess so." Seth whispered shyly.

"Am I the only smart one here? He's been watching you! He knows where I live. He-" Sasha suddenly exclaimed.

"Ella! We've been looking everywhere for you!" The three of us turned around to see Bella closing on on us, with Charlie and Edward in tow. I could see Carlisle coming a few feet behind them. Sasha, Seth, and I froze. We couldn't say anything.

"What were you thinking? Running away like that?" Charlie stepped in front of Bella and exclaimed.

"I-" I looked at Sasha and Seth for help, but they both avoided my eyes. Scaredy cats. "I just needed some fresh air. That's all, I guess I'll be going back to the hospital now."

"No, your going home." The way he said home made it seem like he wasn't talking about the Cullens' glass palace.

"You can't send me home. I'm not even sick. I'm perfectly fine."

"Ella, look at yourself. You've been in the hospital twice this year alone, you've fainted several times, and you ran away. This isn't normal."

I had no excuses left to say. Being here in Forks hasn't exactly been my best experience, but it's also been somewhat enlightening. I have these powers that I don't entirely understand, there's someone watching me all the time who doesn't want to hurt me, I have Sasha and Seth go have been my rocks through all of this crazy experience, I can't just let this go.

"You can't let me leave Charlie."

"And why not?"

"Because if I leave, I'm never coming back."

Charlie didn't respond. I couldn't see Sasha and Seth's faces, but I could imagine that they were shocked. Carlisle and Edward exchanged a look, but Bella wasn't convinced. "What?"

"You heard me, if I leave here I'm never coming back. I'll live happily with Renee and Phil, we'll go to the beach, we'll have picnics, and I'll finish high school and go on to college, but if I leave here, I'm never speaking to either one of you again. Don't call me, don't show up unexpected, and don't even think about showing up to my high school graduation, because you won't be invited." I felt nervous saying the words, I was afraid that they would react badly to it, but as I said them, I grew stronger. My voice didn't waver or shake and for once I felt like I had something under control in my life.