xxxix // go with you // xxxix

calebs pov

"Hey Finn!" I exclaimed as I ran up to Finn in the school hallway. He immediately stopped walking when he saw me approaching him.

"What's up?" He asked.

"I wanted to ask for your advice on something." I said shyly.

"And that something is?" He replied.

"You know the school dance that's coming up?" I questioned. Finn nodded his head.

"Well I've had a crush on Sadie for awhile now. I kind of wanted to ask her to go with me but I don't know how to ask her." I stated while looking down at my shoes. I was a bit embarassed to ask for Finn's help.

"Just walk up to her and ask her. There isn't really a right way to do it. It's going to be awkward no matter what. The best thing to do is just ask her and get it over with." He stated.

"Thanks." I said with a smile.

As the day went on, I rehearsed in my head how I was going to ask Sadie. I was nervous as hell, but I had a feeling she would accept my invitation. I was on my way to algebra class when I saw Sadie standing next to a drinking fountain.

"Uh, hi Sadie." I said softly as I walked towards her.

"Hi Caleb." She replied.

"Gosh, she's so pretty." I thought to myself.

"I was wondering if you might, uh, if you wanted to maybe go to that dance with me?" I questioned. My heart was beating out of my chest as I waited for her answer.

"I'd love to go with you."

*im so terrible at naming chapters