xi // personal question // xi

finns pov

When lunch time finally arrived, there was no sign of Millie in the cafeteria. I sat alone at an isolated table in the corner of the giant room. I was about half finished with my barely edible cheeseburger when I saw a very familier face approaching my table. It was Millie. She slowly advanced toward where I was sitting. She put her tray of food on the table and took a seat on the grey bench.

"I've been looking for you." Millie stated as she picked up her fork.

"Yeah, same here." I replied with a slight grin on my face. For whatever reason, whenever Millie is around I just seem to automatically start smiling.

"Um, Finn?"

"Yeah?" I answered

"Would you mind if I asked sort of a personal question?" she said as she looked down at her plate of food.

"Go ahead." I replied.

"Well, it's hot as hell outside. Why are you wearing a long sleeved shirt?"

I paused for a moment. I didn't know what to say, I couldn't tell her the truth.

"I uh just like long sleeves"

I could tell she wasn't buying it. In fact, she had a look of worry on her face. Neither of us said much as we finished our 'food', if you could even call it that. Eventually the bell rang and students began exiting the cafeteria. Millie and I got up and began walking out as well.

"Finn?" Millie questioned as she stopped walking.

"Yeah?" I replied hoping it wasn't another question about my choice of clothing.

"Could I maybe talk to you after school?" she asked as she gazed towards me.

"Uh, yeah. Meet me in the schoolyard. What do you want to talk about?" I answered.

"Just stuff." Millie said as she began walking again.

"Alright, I'll see you then."