•s e v e n t e e n•

{priscilla}

I woke up the next morning rolling off of my bed tired as always but making it to my bathroom to do my daily routine. Then coming out grabbing my outfit.

I don't know why but I felt dressy today

I don't know why but I felt dressy today. I grabbed my phone seeing the 'good morning beautiful' text from Shawn and smiling at it. I grabbed my backpack and ran downstairs and just as I was about to leave my parents were both standing looking at me.

"Priscilla wait." My mom says.

"I have to go." I simply say.

"Priss please we would like to speak to you." My dad says.

I go into the dinning room where they were and they take a seat.

"Guys I literally have school I need to be at in thirty minutes and my boyfriend is waiting for me outside." I said.

"Please just sit." My dad says and I do slowly.

My mom and dad were sitting across from each other and I was sitting at the end of the table.

"Priscilla...I know that we haven't really been good parents these few years." My mom says and I cut her off.

"Few year!? More like my whole fucking life. What are you guys trying to do here?" I snapped.

"Honey please." My dad says.

"Priss...I don't know how to explain this but we are truly sorry. I cannot believe our job sucked us up all these years...if I could do anything to rewind times and make things right I would. I'm so so sorry..." then my mom started to cry. "I cannot believe I made my own daughter feel like this. We never took the time of our day to even ask how you really are doing. Then we figure out that our little girl got...got.." and she started sobbing.

"Our intentions where to make sure that we were living the life to provide as much as we could for you. And as soon as we were able to moving out here in Canada we just totally forgot that we had such an amazing talented daughter. A daughter who needed us when she was hurt. A daughter who was lost and didn't have our guidance. I can't fathom how much it hurt us when you told us what happened to you." My dad says as he started to get choked up. "My heart is completely broken. I let my daughter get touched and played by a horrible boy. I didn't protect you, we didn't protect you. I feel like I-I've failed you. I don't know how you're ever going to forgive us I don't expect you to but please just know how sorry we are."

A tear slips from my eye and I looked down at my phone because I didn't know what to say and Shawn has been texting me nonstop. So I just texted him that I wasn't coming today I was with my parents and he understood.
I look back up at my parents who were both crying and I bit my lip.

"Do you guys actually love me?" I asked.

"Sweetheart, yes! I love you more than words can express. We love you more than anything else in this world. We wouldn't trade you for the world." My mom blurts out.