Chapter 6

To Quinn, Rachel was the ocean. She had a power that was constant and had a continuous energy. Rachel had Quinn's beating heart in her tan hands and slowly she could rock her and other times, like today, she would crash in and drag Quinn under.

Constantly. Constantly Quinn was pushed and pulled and dragged by Rachel, and Rachel didn't have the slightest idea of the control she possessed. Quinn lived a war torn existence as she battled her emotions towards Rachel.

Rachel was the ocean.

You could stand at the edge for hours, looking at the surface. Hypnotized by the random rhythm of the waves causing the water to run up and down the sand. Staring at the beauty and never tiring of it, only to realize that you've only been looking at the surface. Underneath.. so much more.

Quinn and Rachel sat together until the coffee shop closed, time being nothing but too little for them both. Between them fell Rachel's constant chatter and 'I've missed you's as well as inarticulate responses from the blonde, the root of Quinn's inability to speak being caused by the ethereal woman sitting across from her.

"Would that be alright? It's just been good to talk to you and.. Quinn?" Rachel poked her and laughed softly, her eyes bright. Brown eyes were always said to be boring, but Quinn found absolute comfort in them and admiration for the chocolate depths they could hold.

"Hmm?" Quinn picked her head up off of the resting position on her hand and refocused. She'd been staring. Staring and now she was so entranced that she forgot to listen to the words.

"Should we continue this evening at my house? This place is about to close in a few minutes." Rachel said, cocking her head to the side slightly, brunette locks falling against her shoulder in another distracting fashion.

"Oh! Yes. Yeah. Of course. I'd love to." Quinn's words rushed out and her skin flared red. She stood up from the table and ran her fingers through her hair, making it flip over the other way.

Rachel looked up and smiled at Quinn. "Come on then. It's really not too far. We can take a cab." Her hand found Quinn's and they walked out of the cafe. Every step made Quinn's heart leap and the world generically felt like it was moving in slow motion.

Quinn's breath caught in her throat when the brunette's hand was in her own. 'Yeah, friends hold hands, idiot. She's just being a friend.' Quinn tried to relax but she held Rachel's hand like she would never see her again. She had finally found her and she wasn't about to let go again.