Chapter 17

Rachel's POV again. This was particularly fun to write actually.

...

Left alone to her own devices in the apartment, Rachel decided to make herself feel more at home, more comfortable. She groaned as she realized she had no other clothes so she hoped that Quinn wouldn't mind her finding something to wear. Rachel walked to the bedroom and slowly opened the drawers, peeking into the cracks as to not fully see something that wasn't meant for her eyes. She found the drawer with some jeans and found a pair that fit okay, only slightly long so it just bunched around her ankles and knees. She began her search for the shirt drawer but instead she open a drawer absolutely littered with papers, on them, small, neat handwriting. She closed the drawer again and assumed that whatever was written on those crumpled sheets were not meant for her eyes, or anyone else, continuing on her search for clothing.

Rachel was soon dressed in another outfit, although not her own, it was very comfotable to be in. Something about being surrounded by the essence of Quinn was comforting, and Rachel wasn't ready to prepare for when she had to leave it. She decided to look for her phone, which was undoubtedly in her jacket pocket as she hadn't taken it out when she got home on that night. Finding it to be dead she groaned and looked around, the possibility that Quinn had the same phone or at least an iPod, and to her relief she found exactly what she needed plugged in by the television.

Once her phone lit up with the indication that it was charging, it started blowing up with texts. Almost in constant vibration and ring. When she checked, it was seventy six missed texts from Finn and thirty two missed phone calls from him as well. One by one, she read the texts and with each passing word, she grew and more and more disgusted by his pathetic attempt at trying to apologize. Rachel was a strong woman. She didn't need this boyish man fucking with her anymore, so she called him and on the second ring, he answered in a rather harsh manner despite his apparent interest in needing the girl.

"Rachel, why have you not been answering me?" Finn barked out and Rachel flinched at the man's harsh tone and pulled the phone away from her ear slightly.

"Before you jump to any conclusions that are floating around in that small mind of yours, my phone was dead because after you smacked me," she punctuated the last two words before continuing, "it wasn't my biggest concern." She paused and spoke again before allowing him to get anything out. "I'll have you know that Quinn is taking wonderful care of me. She's been very comforting and.. gentle."

"Well why don't you just run away with her then? Get up and leave me forever." Finn exclaimed in an exasperated tone. Rachel could just picture him with his face all red and his arms flailing, not too soon before he would be kicking chairs.

"I want you to pack up your stuff from my apartment, because I don't recall you ever paying rent, and I want you to leave. I want you to leave your key on the counter and I swear to god, Finn, I better not even see a trace of you in there when I return." Rachel gushed all at once, tears forming in her eyes but she fought to keep her voice strong and unbreaking, willing herself to continue because she wasn't about to go back crying to him any time soon. She knew it would just get worse if she didn't stop it now.

"This is goodbye then?" Rachel heard a sigh on the other end and she actually had to now fight the urge to laugh manicly. Of course it was goodbye, Finn. Was he really that thick skulled? She didn't even reply, she hung up promptly and set her phone back on the end table and laid down on the floor.

Rachel felt as if a weight was being pulled off of her. It felt as if her lungs had been full of water and just now it was draining and she could finally breathe again. She smiled softly as the relief swept over her, despite the slow tears rolling down her face. She was still sad at the idea, it was Finn after all. They were once engaged, ready to live a full life together. She almost gave up her dreams to be with him.

She decided to get up, no use wallowing in the right decision, and curiousity was attacking now at the papers that she found earlier in Quinn's dresser. It's not like it would hurt too much, right? Just a little look at the paragraphs written wouldn't hurt anybody because nobody would have to know. She stood up and made her way over, a pang of hesitiation and guilt rose in her but curiosity has always gotten the best Rachel. She slid the drawer open slowly, as if to not disturb the contents and read the page laying on the top first.

"I don't think Rae realizes that when she looks at me, my head spins because you know when they say they're seeing stars? Well, her dark chocolate eyes are the galaxy and I can't breathe because she takes away the oxygen in my lungs. She will never have to ask for my love, because in the palm of my hands I will always present to her my heart, open and vunerable. Though I've been wounded before, I wouldn't mind her parrticular brand of destruction because I feel it in my body every time I see her eyes, the galaxies, on the back of my lids when closing mine."

Rachel tore her eyes away from the paper when she snapped back to reality, the short but poetic wording seemingly hypnotising her, when a tear of her own hit the paper.

"Rachel?" A panicked voice blurted out behind her and her eyes went wide as she dropped the paper into the drawer and slammed it shut, turning on her heel to face Quinn, the blonde with an expression of complete dread. "How much did you read?"