Chapter 10

The sun was coming up and Quinn sat at her desk. She was still writing words as if her hand couldn't write fast enough to sum up the soup of thoughts floating hopelessly in her mind. Mistake after mistake she would spill ink on the pages from her favourite ink pen. The black would leak onto the smooth white and over again she would start.

She had been taking writing and poetry courses throughout her university career but as of right now she couldn't think of the words to describe Rachel. Completely at a loss and running down a dangerous path of craziness from lack of sleep and lack of affection from where she needed it from most. The letters she wrote no longer made sense in her head as words and became lost as just a chain of meaningless symbols.

Quinn pushed back hard away from the desk. Standing up tall and running her hands through her short blonde hair, leaving patternless streaks of black ink. "You overreact too much. You're too sensitive," Quinn whispered to herself and stared at the floor.

She made her way to her bed to maybe get sleep before noon, but before she could even fully rest in bed, a loud knock came at her door.

"Charles, please, I payed you rent already," she groaned loudly on her way to the door. She looked at herself in the mirror as she passed and laughed at herself. 'You're looking great, Fabray. Real lady killer.' Her eyes had dark circles underneath them and the whites were bloodshot.

She opened the door to a gift box. Confused, Quinn lifted the box and took it to her kitchen. Lifting the note from beneath the beautifully tied green ribbon, she smiled softly. "Sorry about the other day. Don't shut me out so soon, Q"

Inside the long white box was a single gardenia with another green ribbon tied around the stem. Quinn picked up the white flower and brought it to her face, inhaling the scent and smiling wider. So maybe she did have a chance.