~five~

Lauren
-----------------
     I couldn't believe I was doing this....
"ok, here we go," I took a deep breath. "The truth is, I don't live in a foster home. I mean I did when I was younger, but two years ago I was moved to a home for kids with depression and anxiety." Griff's eyes widened
     "You have depression and anxiety?" He asked. I nodded.
     "When I was younger, I hated the name Lauren. So I asked everyone to call me Laur. Now, everyone at the foster home remembers me as "Laur, the depressed girl with no friends."
     "So why did you get moved?" He asked.
     "One day, I..... let's just say I got very upset with life....." I looked down and frowned. "My foster parents didn't want the responsibility of me anymore..." Griff nodded. "I was dying to get out of that place! At least for the summer! And that's how I ended up here. I vowed I would stick to Lauren because Laur just brought back too many memories. It's not a big deal, it's just...."
"No I get it," Griff interrupted. "In fact, when I was younger, before I went to juvie , I was called Griffin." I smiled. It was nice to have someone who finally understood.

Griff
---------------

     After talking to Lauren, I realized we had similar stories. At first I thought she was just being dramatic, but now I get it.
      "So, how do you know what happened with your parents?" I asked carefully.
     "I got this letter," she explained. "It said all about how they didn't have enough money to raise me and my older sister. I've never actually met them..." the ending faded off.
     "I'm sorry. I've never met my parents either. I didn't even get a note. Apparently, I was supposed to get one but after I got into stealing, my parents wanted nothing to do with me." Lauren frowned. "Well it's almost time for lunch," I pointed out.
     "You should go," Lauren said. As I opened up the door, I felt something falling towards me.

Lauren
--------------
As griff opened the door, Emma, Lou, Zuri, and Tiffany all fell in. They were listening to the whole thing. And they were all crying.
     "That was so sad!" Lou sobbed hugging me. Emma and Zuri joined in.
     "You could have my mother if you want!" Tiffany sobbed.
     "I'll pass!" I quickly replied as she and Griff joined the hug. Although, Ive said it before, this was actually the first time I felt like I fit in at camp.... actually, make that my whole life.

A/N- sort of short and mostly dialogue but it's just revealing Laurens story. Please comment if you've gotten this far