Confessions

chapter 11

---x

( Veronica's POV )

The view was breathtaking. It was magnificent and beautiful. The city lights sparkled making it look like magic. I turned to Liam and he was looking at me with a small smile on his lips. He pointed down at the picnic and i smelled the food. I grinned wide, sat down and immediately opened the basket.

"courtesy of Anna, of course"

that made me smile wider.

"mmmm"

i was almost drooling at the smell and i heard a chuckle beside me. I looked at Liam and he was smiling at me. The wind blew and my hair a strand of hair covered my face. He took it and kissed it, i blushed but he simply smiled and started taking out the food.

There was baked chicken, spaghetti, milk chocolate, a cake and pizza ?

"what's all this for ?"

he looked at me and offered me a little bit of every food and did the same to him, he leaned on the car and took a huge bite from the chicken. I raised my brows, waiting for his answer and trying to ignore the delicious smell from the food.

"is there a need for a reason?"

"people just don't do this."

"why not ?"

"well. just because !"

he sighed and i opened my mouth to say something but he quickly put a chicken in it. I started chewing and the next thing i knew i was already eating.

"i think i ate more than i ate for the last year"

i heard him chuckle and i saw him took out some brownies. I groaned and saw Liam grin. He took a bite and moaned in pleasure. My mouth started to water and i grabbed a brownie, ignoring his amused expression.

"i thought you were full"

"so did i"

we both laughed and a comfortable silence fell upon us. The wind was blowing and i looked at Liam. He had his eyes closed and i couldn't help but stare at him. He was handsome. He was a prince. And he reminded me of someone, a childhood friend i couldn't put a finger on. I sighed and rubbed my tummy.

"do you feel better now?"

i looked at him and nodded with a smile.

"thanks so much Liam. this means a lot."

"of course, anything for you."

i ignored the way he said it and closed m eyes.

"Hey Ronnie."

"hmmm ?"

"can you do me a favor ?"

i looked at him with wonder. He's face was serious and i felt butterflies in my stomach. And the butterfly shaped candies on top of the cake Anna baked had nothing to do with them.

"what is it?"

"don't waste your tears anymore."

i blinked. What ? I watched Liam's eyes. It was serious as hell. And i couldn't understand why. what did he mean?

"what ?"

he shook his head. I expected an explanation but what came out of his mouth was something i was not expecting.

"do you wanna hear a story ?"

i blinked. but he just smiled. so i nodded. he closed his eyes and he began to talk.