Visits

chapter 12

---x

( Veronica's POV )

Everything feels like a dream. Everything that has happened for a couple of months feel so surreal. 5 months ago, i was a normal kid from a normal high school with a normal family. I had normal friends and i didn't have any lovelife whatsoever. Sure, i had a few crushes and went on dates, but it never really got to the point where they told me they loved me or anything even close like that.

A few months ago i didn't have two brothers. A few months ago my heart didn't feel like being broken into two. I feel frustrated as hell. And that's putting it mildly. I was so frustrated that i was taking it out on my hair. Today was the day that my best friend Katie and her twin Kenneth ( Ken for short ) would be coming for a visit. They'd only be here for 2 days because of school, the same school i attended since the world began.Ken and Katie have been my best friend since the world began and probably would be even after the end of time.

When my father died they were there to wipe my tears and cry with me, when my mother followed a year after, they were still there to hold me and help me from not feeling to much miserable. And when Grey's father decided that he wanted to take me in, they were the ones who told me it was for the best.

"Hey Ron"

"ADJBEUBLSNI"

i nearly jumped out of my skin. i glared at my brother and gave out a frustrated sigh.

"stop that !"

he gave me an innocent smile but there was humor in his eyes.

"what did i do ?"

i glared at him and walked past him with a hmpf and was even more annoyed after hearing his chuckle.

I went down the garage and saw the Mr. Curt and gave him a smile. He was a driver in his late forties. He had a permanent smile on his face and his eyes reminded me of my father's. Though they're faces were different as day and night. Dad was white and Mr. Curt was a negro from Africa, but the way their eyes glowed with kindness and warmth were the same.

"hi Mr. C, can you take me to the airport?"

he smiled and opened the door like a gentleman and he motioned for him to get in. I gave him a bright smile and went in. The ride to the airport wasn't long and after a couple of minutes we were already there. It wasn't long before i heard a scream i could have recognize anywhere.

"VERONICAAAA!"

i saw my best friend rushing towards me and i rushed towards her. We hugged and scream at each other.

"oh my gosh Ronnie i missed you!"

i looked at Katie. and i could feel tears in my eyes. She still looked the same as ever. She was still beautiful, her brown eyes was still big and reminded me of a puppy, she was still a good 2 inches shorter than me and she was still loud.

"i missed you to"

we hugged again and, before we knew it, we both started crying.I heard a grunt behind Katie and noticed Ken carrying all the bags. I couldn't help but laugh looking at his tortured face. I ran to him and tackled him to the ground, the bags he was carrying flew everywhere. But i couldn't care less.

"I missed you to Ronnie" i heard him chuckle and i gave him a peck on the lips. I heard someone clear a throat and Ken and i both got up. He looked around and groaned when he saw all their baggage on the floor. That made me and Katie laugh. Gosh, how i missed these two people ?

we chatted and talked until we reached the house. I couldn't wait for Katie to meet Grey. when we were at the gate Ken whistled appreciatively and Katie's jaw dropped. Couldn't blame them though, that was the same reaction i had when i first got here. Well, Grey's family was incredibly rich, so of course, their house was humongous and their place was gorgeous. Courtesy of their billion dollars.