Chapter 8

After Harry shuffles out of my room, I reach for my phone, turning it on.

Fifteen missed calls and four text messages. No voicemails though. If someone really needed me, the least they could do was leave a voicemail.

The texts read,
*Ainsley, call me.*
*Answer your phone please Ainsley!*
*Ains, I need to know if you're okay! Call me!*
*Call me please!!!*

I don't know whether I should call them back, or not. They made my decision for me because my phone starts to vibrate in my hand.

"Hello?" I answer cautiously.

"Ainsley?" A male voice says through the phone.

"Dad?" I ask. If it's him, I'm hanging up this second. I mean why would he call me now after four whole years? Why would he make sure I was okay now, after four whole years?

"Yes," he answers.

I hang up immediately. I'm not going to take his bullshit especially during this time in my life. I turn my phone off and the next thing I know I'm knocking on Harry's bedroom door, tears streaked down my face.

After a few moments, Harry opens it. "Hey, are you okay?" He asks, moving out of the way; inviting me into his large bedroom.

"No, no I'm really not," I sobbed. "My father, he called. He wanted to know if I was okay. After four dreadful years without a father and him not caring, he wants to know if I'm okay." I wept.

Harry motions for me to sit on the bed with him. Once I'm there, he embraces me, "everything is going to be okay. You've got us now, you don't need that douchebag in your life." He says softly.

I don't know why, but those words sting. Yeah my father's a douchebag, but he's my father, and if it had been up to me, he would still be in my life.

"I'm sorry," I tell Harry. "I'm sorry I'm such a burden and I'm probably causing a lot of unneeded stress on you guys. I can find another place to live." These words surprise me, leaving my mouth, but now that I think of it, they're true.

"No," he begins, "let's just wind down and watch a movie, okay?" Suggests the boy beside me.

I nod and he grabs a movie. He lays down on his bed and motions for me to do the same. We lay there together watching White House Down and all of my problems drift out of my mind as I am taken into the movie.
• • • • • •
Three movies later, Niall calls to us from down stairs, "Pizza!" He yells.

Harry and I look at eachother quick, we must've been thinking the same thing, because the next thing I know we're racing down the stairs, laughing.

The table is set with paper plates and napkins, pizza sitting right in the middle. The aroma fills the kitchen, and my stomach begins to growl. I've forgotten the last time I've eaten, probably two days ago.

"Help yourself," Liam says, his mouth half full of pizza.

I walk over and put two pieces on my plate, seems like my appetite has came back a bit - since the, the accident. It still hurts to even think about it, I feel as if I've blocked it from my mind in a way. But I can't think about her now, if I do, I'll break down in front of everyone. That can't happen.

Suddenly I don't feel very hungry and I put my pieces back on the plate and sprint out of the kitchen, footsteps following behind. I assume it's Harry, but I don't look back until I'm in my room. Once I reach my bed and cover myself under my sheets, I feel a slight dip in it.

"Ainsley, come out." Mairead says.

"I can't. I don't want you guys to see me cry any more." I confess, tears brimming my blue eyes.

"We understand Ains, we know it's going to be hard for you, but that's why we're here. That's why you're here. We want to be here for you, so if you need to let it out, don't hesitate." She coos.

I slowly come out from under the covers, wondering if her words are true. "Do you really mean that?" I ask, "do you all really want me here?"

"Yes," the gorgeous brunette says, smiling genuinely.

She shifts across the bed to give me a warm hug.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"Don't thank us, okay?" Mairead smiles.

I nod in response. "Thank you," I say again covering my mouth. "Sorry." I smile a bit.

She giggles a little, making me smile even more. The next thing I know, we're having a laughing fit over nothing.

"Come on, let's go downstairs," she suggests, "I know you haven't eaten in a couple of days and you must be starving," She says.

We walk back downstairs and join everyone for dinner, Mairead's right, I was starving.

• • • • • •

(A/N):
I may or may not update tomorrow, but I'm planning on updating. I know this book has sort of a slow beginning, but there will be plenty of more drama to come. I promise! Xoxo