Chapter 18

*Ainsley's POV*

I've sat in this chair for a good thirty minutes and my butt is starting to feel numb. Josie and Mairead thought that taking me out to get a mani-pedi would help take my mind off of things, but it has no effect. I do appreciate it, but I can't stop replaying the scene in my head.

Louis is right, I am the reason why no one is happy anymore. Everything is my fault. Maybe I should just leave, they would all be better off without me.

I'm ripped out of my thoughts when I'm asked what color I want on my toes.

"Purple," I quickly say. The lady currently massaging my foot nods.

After twenty more minutes of scrubbing, massaging, painting, and drying, Josie paid because she claimed it was her treat and we left the stuffy nail salon.

"Do you guys want pizza?" Mairead asks.

"Yeah, I'm starving," Josie agrees.

We ate five hours ago, but with the vision of Zayn and Harry pissed and bloody and being blamed by Louis, I've lost my appetite.

"I'm not hungry but we can still go," I tell them. The last thing I want to do is cause any more problems.

What did Louis mean by they're fighting because of you?

I don't even want to know what it means. I can't become attached to the boys anymore. I can't depend on them any longer. I need to leave tonight, I need to go back home.

I haven't been at home in a week. Am I ready to walk into my house, empty and silent? I can't imagine it, but I can't imagine causing any more problems.

• • • • • •

"Goodnight," I say to them as I walk up the stairs back to the room I had taken quite a liking to. This would be the last time that I will ever see them.

It's better if I don't say goodbye in person, I will leave a note on my bed.

I reach the white desk on the far wall of the room. I rummage around to find a small pad and a pen and begin writing.

Dear boys, Josie, and Mairead,

I'm truly sorry that I've cause all of this stress in your lives. This never should've happened to you guys, and that's why I'm leaving. You will all be happier, you will all be less stressed, and you will all get along better.

I can't thank you all enough for your hospitality and generosity for letting me into your home. You all have left a huge and amazing impact on my life, and I can not thank you enough for that.

I apologize for screwing up your lives and I vow to never do that again. You will all be better off without me.

We may soon meet again, but I hope under different circumstances.

Lots of love,

Ainsley.

I place the note in the middle of the neatly made bed, then turn towards the closet, in hopes to find a small bag to put my necessities in.

There's a small drawstring bag in the top corner of the shelf and I snatch it off. I grab a pair of leggings and a pair of jeans and two tops. I'll just wear the clothes that I had worn here when I leave.

I glance at the clock, it reads 12:30 am.

I silently tip toe out of the guest room and into the bathroom, grab my toothbrush and shove it into the bag.

I walk back into my room and take my phone off of the nightstand. I'm not going to turn it on until I get home.

I quickly slip on the sneakers that I had worn here and quietly leave the bedroom.

The stairs creak a few times when I walk down them, but no one seems to hear.

Opening the door softly, I make sure to take a quick last look and take everything in. I will miss this house. I will miss them.

As I close the door shut behind me, the cool air instantly hits me and I begin walking.

I open the gates and close them as I walk through, they lock automatically so now that I'm out now, there's no way of getting back in. That made my decision a bit easier.

I begin walking down the sidewalk, leaves trailing behind. I have no idea where anything is in this town, but a small drug store should be near and I can look for a map there, or at least find a phone to call a cab, I still have my eighty dollars left.

With my luck, there's a train station not too far down the road, the next train back to Nashville is in an hour. I can wait that long.

To pass the time, I watch the people who pass me by and imagine where they will be in the next ten years of their lives. There were some rock stars, some models, some lawyers, some druggies, and some officers too.

"Train to Nashville will be leaving in five minutes. All whom wish to reach Nashville, please board the train now," the voice says over the loud speakers.

Well, here I go. There's no turning back now.

I hand the engineer my ticket and step up onto the train. I find a window seat near the back and claim it.

Everything will be better now, I may not be but everyone else will be. I can't cause any more trouble, with me gone everyone will be happier.

The horn sounds and the train starts to slowly pick up speed. As it gets faster, I watch the images blur and pass by. I'll be home in an hour and everything's going to be okay.

(A/N):

Sorry for the short chapter, the next one will be long! xoxo