Run Away With Me {Kellic} {Book 2}

« Kellin »

Prison changed me, and it’s not how you think.

You see, people all say that ‘prison changed them’ and ‘made them a better person.’ Not me. I met the wrong – or right, depending on how you look at it – person in here, and they changed me. So, I guess, in a way, prison didn’t necessarily change me, but rather someone in prison did.

Being changed is kind of strange. It’s foreign to me. What I’m talking about, though, isn’t the same definition of changed as you all know of. My being changed was quite painful and, at the same time, full of pleasure, now knowing the effects of it.

Although there are a lot of cons to this life, now, the pros weigh them out. The only bad thing about being this way is that my anger problems have escalated, as have my strength. It’s a bad combination, let me tell you. I’ve killed three people here in prison, and since I’m a criminal mastermind, I made it look like suicides.

I no longer consume food; I prefer human blood. My eyes are no longer greenish, bluish, and grayish; they’re crimson red. My skin is not the least bit tan; I’m paler than I was before. My limbs were unbreakable. I was incapable of sleeping. I would never die.

I, Kellin Quinn, have changed into a vampire.

« Vic »

Depression was my middle name.

It consumed me every minute of every hour of every day. It took over my dreams. It gave me nightmares. I could barely get out of bed in the morning. I never thought I’d be depressed, but here I was, sad, alone, and scared, but not like I was with Kell–

Yeah, him. I missed him like crazy. Why did they have to arrest Kellin? He wasn’t bad anymore. We were all happily living with Ari. Why couldn’t they just leave us alone? Don’t they understand how it feels to be in love? To feel safe, secure?

Sometimes, I wondered if Mike told them where I was, who I was with. I don’t think he’d ever betray me like that; at least I hope not. He was my little brother. Why would he do that to me? I just hope it wasn’t him who gave us up.

I was forced into therapy with Tay and Ari once we got back. We still had to go to school, but no longer Claremont; we transferred to Mission Bay High, not far from where we lived. There, I was nobody; I was bullied and abused there all the time. At therapy, I’d have black eyes and bruises, but I wouldn’t say a single word. I never have, and I never will, talk to a fucking shrink.

My hallucinations only got worse. I’d imagine things that were utterly impossible, like disfigured people skipping down the street on their eyes. The only good thing about my so-called ‘mental illness’ was that I got to see Kellin.

Well, it wasn’t Kellin himself. It was just my mind playing tricks on me, but it was like he was here with me everywhere I went. In class, he’d sit on my desk and play with my hair, talking to me about pointless things, causing me to try and look around him; I’d always get these weird looks, since I was trying to look around something that wasn’t there.

At lunch, he’d sit with me in the bathroom and watch me play games on my phone. He helped me beat Candy Crush. Now we’re waiting for more levels. During gym, we’d walk the track together after he begged me not to dress out; causing me to be the loner who walked the track alone while everyone else played games. At least I wasn’t alone – I had Kellin.

During my walk home, we’d talk about Claremont. He’d bitch about the populars (all of which he killed, but that no longer phased me; I was comfortable with him talking about all of that now) and he’d complain about the incompetent teachers who ‘didn’t know how to do their jobs’. Kellin would hold my hand on the way home, too, which also got me strange glances, since I was holding hands with air – in their minds.

Kellin held me at night like he always did. It was soothing to be in his arms, even though I really wasn’t. I was adapting to this illness, and I kind of liked it for that reason. My parents, the shrink, and the police wouldn’t let me visit Kellin or Zack in prison, so the hallucinations made up for that.

I, Vic Fuentes, was now utterly insane.

So, how do you like it? Is it a plot twist to you all? I know it kind of sucks, but it’s just a preview type thing I suppose.

5 votes, 5 comments to upload the first chapter (one comment per person!)