6

« Kellin »

As I watch Mike sending blow after blow at the punching bag, my lips curl into a grin. This is going exactly as I had planned it. Zack was coaching him, praising him, yelling at him, and everything in between – it was a good motivation tactic, apparently. I, with my hands stuffed in my pockets, moved on to the next area, where Tay was.

She was at a table, skimming over the maps that we had given her. Textbooks were sprawled out all over the place; on the floor, propped up against the wall behind her, and even across the room for when she, quote, “needed a change of scenery.” A stack of photos of all different (yet relevant) pictures were there, too; high-class people, mostly rich ones, who had great connections if we needed them.

I moved past her after saying a quiet “good, keep going” to Tay. She didn’t even look up, but she smiled a little. My next stop was Ari. We had set up a program on a laptop with two buttons that hooked up to it; a green and a red one. The green was for true, the red for false. A question would pop up on the screen, and she got the questions right every single time.

Giving her hair a ruffle, I sped away before Ari could even turn around to hit me. My legs carried me to a concession stand where Mike, Tay, and Ari would get their food – and where I’d get Vic his food. One more day, I thought to myself as I found a bag of chips and a can of soda for him. One more day, and then everything should be perfect.

I took the chips and soda down to the basement. I heard something from behind the door; was it crying? It sounded like crying. Maybe whispering, or moaning. It was a noise of some sort coming from Vic; that much I knew. I wanted more than anything to go in there, hold him, and tell him everything would be alright, but it’d have to wait one more day.

Opening the little slot on the door which Zack has skillfully crafted into the door, I held the bag and can of soda into it. In a second flat, they were out of my hands. I heard them drop to the floor, and Vic’s hands grabbed mine tightly. I sighed and tried to pull my hands away; I could have easily pulled them back, but I didn’t really want to.

“Please,” Vic breathed, squeezing my fingers. “Please, let me out of here, Kell–” I yanked my hands back and snapped the slot shut. More cries and muttering came from him again as I went back up to where the others were. I clenched my jaw. I wasn’t sure how much longer I could keep him down there. I felt so bad.

“Zachary,” I called out in an angry tone. Four pairs of eyes looked over to me. “Did I ask for you to stare?” I snapped, and in an instant, the other three had gone back to their activities. Zack was at my side in a split second.

“Now?” He questioned. I knew that he saw what I wanted; his ability to, one, see the future, and two, see what was going on with someone at any given moment, was sometimes a perk. I gave a slight nod and bit my lip. Who to change first? Well… how about all of them together?

“Got it. We’re going to have to tie Mike down, though, so we better do that before we start,” My partner-in-crime stated matter-of-factly. I just complied, since he had obviously seen it coming. I watched Zack lead Mike into a separate room before the door that closed it off was shut.