5

« Vic »

“I totally believe you, Vic.”

A goofy grin plastered upon my lips at the sight of my brother’s disgruntled expression. The wind had fucked up his hair, and he, ‘unfortunately’, lost his hat. Zack wasn’t exactly gentle either, according to him. To Tay, he was perfectly gentle. Not sure who to believe there.

Tay came into the room then with Ari, whom was eating grapes out of a bag. She flopped down on top of Mike like she always did at my house; he’s my favorite pillow, and you’re my favorite teddy bear, she’d tell me every time she did so. Mike grunted and patted her flat stomach, earning a giggle from Tay.

Ari sat on the arm of the chair I was in. She popped a grape into her mouth and, thankfully, chewed with her mouth closed. I opened my mouth for her to feed me one, and when she plopped it into my mouth, I spit it right at her nose. It bounced off and rolled on the tile. She squealed and swatted at me, but I dodged her flailing arms, grinning stupidly.

Zack entered the room. He took one look at my smiling face and his eyes widened. I’m pretty sure he mouthed a “no.” I gave him a confused look. He left the room as fast as he had come, blowing some papers around when he left. The four of us gave each other weird looks.

Kellin appeared next to me. Not an illusion; it was really him. I yelped in surprise and held a hand to my chest. He lifted me up, tsked in disapproval, and in seconds, we were in the basement of this makeshift-house (it was really a sports arena in the middle of nowhere).

“What are you–?” I started, but I never finished. He put me down and sped out of the room, slamming the door behind him. I ran up the stairs and banged on the door, but I got no reply, no nothing. What the fuck was going on?

Then I realized something – I was right back where I started.

In a basement.

« Kellin »

“Where did you take Vic?”

“Listen to me, bastard! Where is Vic?!”

“Answer me, asshole!”

Tay’s fists repeatedly hit me all over my body, but I felt nothing. She followed me around the arena hitting me while Mike and Ari were with Zack. I let an annoyed sigh escape my lips before I spun around and caught a hold of her throat. Her eyes widened. I didn’t press my fingers tightly around her neck; instead, I just held her.

“I don’t really like you,” I admitted coolly. “I never have. I probably never will. The only reason why I haven’t killed you is because Vic, oddly, has some special ‘bond’ with your ass. You must mean a lot to him if he’s that scared that I’ll do something to you. Just because I love him and I’ll do anything not to hurt you, doesn’t mean I’ll be the same way for you.”