7

« Gerard »

My fiery red hair whipped around my hair as I eyed the arena. The thing I wanted was in there, and it wasn’t in my possession – yet. If there is one thing you absolutely must know about me, it would be this: if I want something, I will get it, no matter what I have to do.

“You really want to do this?” My brother asked from behind me. I didn’t even turn my head. He stepped up and put his hand lightly upon my shoulder, looking at me intently. God, he should know I hate that already.

“What do you think, Mikey?” I spat, shrugged his hand off. “Go get Frank and Ray. We have work to do; there’s no time to lose. They’re vulnerable, and right now is prime-time to take him. They have, what, two on our four? Three are in the midst of changing, and the one down in the basement is our target.”

Mikey nodded solemnly and turned on his heel, speeding away to our little “campsite.” I turned my attention back to the arena and licked my lips. I could smell his blood from here. It was delightful, but I’d have to resist for now.

The three boys came up to flank me. I looked from side to side and nodded. We walked at a normal human pace down the hill on which we were standing. As we did, I started giving out orders. “Do not feast on him. Do you understand me? We need him if we want territory. Then we can kill him once they give it up. Oh, and don’t try and fight the newbies if they’re up already – just make distractions. Frank, you got the extra?”

Frank shook his head ‘yes’ and held up the little pouch of blood we were going to use to distract them inside. I grinned and faced the building that we were advancing towards. I could just imagine the look on little Kellin’s face once he sees we have his human lover. What the fuck is this shit; Twilight?

We arrived at the door. I signaled for Ray and Frank to go around the building. They did. Mikey stayed at the front with me. I dug into my pocket and found what I was looking for; colored contacts. Mikey and I put them on with ease and blinked a few times. We looked like we used to.

Mikey motioned for me to knock. I did. In an instant, the door opened, revealing Kellin with colored contacts on as well. Mikey and I smiled innocently. “Hi, I’m Gerard, and this is my brother, Mikey. We came here a month or two ago and my brother here lost his coat like the dumbass he is. Do you mind if we come in and look in the lost-and-found?”

Kellin eyed us carefully. He looked behind him and muttered something to someone behind him. Who the fuck was it? Was it one of the newbies? I was actually beginning to think this was a bad idea, but then I remembered; Frank and Ray were already pouring the blood out. Can’t back out of this now.

“Yeah, c’mon in,” He mumbled to us suddenly. Our fake smiles grew larger as we entered the place. I gazed around. Never been here before. I guess we could make up somewhere that the lost-and-found could be near the basement. We started heading in that direction, but Kellin quickly stopped us. “It’s up there.”

Mikey and I looked up to where he was pointing. The rafters? I internally groaned, but I played stupid. “Oh, I’m sorry. Haven’t been here in a while, you see.” Kellin didn’t seem impressed, but he led us up the many flights of stairs. I think he was a little shocked that we didn’t run out of breath from walking so fast up so many stairs.