9

« Kellin »

I spend days reading up on Gerard, Mikey, Ray, and Frank.

Apparently, they’ve been around for over a hundred years. I got some answers from multiple sources (all vampires, of course). I basically memorized their full names, dates of birth, hometowns, friends’ names, parents’ names, where they went to school, what their first car was, their talents, their strengths, weaknesses, flaws, perfections, and most importantly, their abilities.

Ray was the master-plan creator. He came up with strategies and blueprints of their ideas that were to be carried out. They relied on him especially to get Vic out of town – that’s why I was planning to get him first.

Frank was the emotion changer, just like that shitty character in Twilight. His power was all too cliché. It may seem like a stupid ability, but in all honestly, it was a good one – it was hard to fight. He could change me from angry to calm and collected in a matter of seconds, and boom, I’d be dead.

Mikey was the one who could sense when a threat (or a normal, nice thing, but not usually was it nice) was approaching or was near. He could detect a bomb, a knife, a gun, a sword, a vampire, an anything from at least five miles away. It was going to be difficult to get around him to Gerard and Vic.

Last but not least, there was Gerard. He was not only cunning, but he was their leader, the most influential and controlling person there was on Earth. Why? His ability was mind-controlling, and it was especially strong on humans. I’m thinking that’s how he got Vic to leave with him in the first place.

I also had Tay memorize all of the information in case I forgot some of it. She did have a perfect memory recall, anyway. She complied without any whining or bitching, which was a plus as well. Now, it was time for the first fun part of this operation that I called “Operation Save the Sexican.” (Not that I shared the title out loud.)

It was time to rally up an army. This was good for Mike, Ari, Tay, and especially Zack, because they hadn’t fed in a while. Zack hasn’t fed in weeks, I believe, and that’s not good. He could become weak, and he’ll be at a greater risk of dying if we get into a war.

Mike was all for creating an army. Seriously; he was literally bouncing off the walls for this shit. When I finally told him we could go now – just me and him – he cursed aloud in excitement and nearly tore the door off its hinges to get out of the building. I told Zack to fix it before I left.

Of course, Mike had a head start, and it was somewhat difficult to catch up. Sure, I was fast, but because of the lack of blood in my system, I was weakening. Good thing I can feed on a lot of people tonight. I’d be cranky if I didn’t have a big dinner and midnight snack.

The two of us were out for hours. Every time we fed, we never drained them; only a few seconds in each so they could change. We put them in the same place so they could change while we ate. Eventually, we got about fifteen or sixteen bodies, and Mike and I hauled them back to headquarters.

We tossed them into the basement (carefully, don’t worry) and locked the door. Now, it was time for Ari, Tay, and Zack to head out. They’d bring more in. Later, just Zack and I would go out. Mike and I lounged around as they were out feeding. I stared intently at my board of facts, maps, and other things about the ‘Killjoys,’ and Mike played some game on the laptop.

I wanted a name for our coven like the Killjoys, but only something better, darker, and made us feared by everyone else. I stood in one spot for hours, examining the board, trying to think of an idea. My mind drew a blank. Suddenly, Mike spoke up unexpectedly, making me turn to look at him.

“How about, instead of making a coven nickname, we chose a last name to share that sounds good?”

“Stop reading Twilight,”