Crime To Be Paid, A Promise To Be Made

"Really I can't believe I didn't think of that," I could hear the laugh being suppressed in his voice, "Man, you really beat the system on that one, Octavia."

I had been turning and pulling the door knob for about five minutes after I had gotten out of the shower. In a fit I yanked the towel out of my hair, twisted it, and snapped it at Will's rib-cage; which only warranted a loud, careless, laugh.

My hair dripped down my back and hung in strands over my face, but I was too caught up in glaring at Will to bother moving it.

There was a change in his face, so small, but so sudden to me. It was almost like he was confused as he starred at me. He walked carefully towards where I stood, his laugh dying as he looked at me; slowly pushing the wet hair out of my face and behind my ear. The warmth of his hand on my cheek sent a chill down my spin, which only grew as his hand lingered. 

Before I knew it his lips were against mine, soft and warm in contrast to the cold air around me. Will walked slowly towards my body until my back was flat against the wall. He was gentle with everything he did, and even though his body pressed flat against mine he let his hands hold my face lightly, and wonder seamlessly through my hair.

My mind was swarming. I didn't really understand what was happening, but I definitely didn't want it to stop. I kissed back, pulling him closer in a less gentle sense; even though we were as close as we were going to get.

The second I began to kiss back, Will lifted me up so my legs wrapped around his waist. Everything he did seemed so fluid, while I was shaking with nerves from the moment he first touched me.

Will's body was muscular, and not just in the sense that he had a six pack, but that I could feel every single ridge in him. I could feel his muscles tense and relax as he moved and laid me on the bed, careful not to press any weight onto me. I could feel his arms flex around my waist and his biceps solid against me.

And that's how we laid, turning over each other every so often. He didn't try to push any further, and once I realized that it became easier to relax into every single kiss that took my breath away.

I don't remember falling asleep, but I woke up laying completely on top of Will. My legs were on either side of his waist, and my hands were cupped behind his head. My head rested right over his heart, listening intently to its constant rhythm. One of Will's arms was wrapped protectively against my waist, while the other trailed away in my hair.

His attention was on the TV, playing some action movie I'd never heard of. In the next few days it was moments like this that kept me from going insane, and also wishing for our time locked away would last longer.

I had my legs over Will's as I sat on the couch, flipping aimlessly through the channels. We had just gotten food and clothes dropped off for us and were sitting in comfortable silence.

Will had a way of sitting, his back was always straight and his chin always high. He was the clean cut definition of a soldier, and I let myself admire him. The way his jaw created a sharp clean line, how his eyes would dart between the TV and I, or even how his hands were always busy. Always drawing circles on my legs or on my back.

However, our peace didn't last long. There was a loud pounding on the door a white slip of paper slid under it. Will was up and across the room before I could even utter a word.

As his electric eyes read over the paper a crease formed between them, I got up and tried to read over his shoulder, but he crumpled the paper and took me by the shoulders. "Octavia you need to listen to me," This was the most serious he had been in over a week, and the sensation sent dread through me, "No matter what happens you have to get out of here, I'll find you but you have to find a way out as soon as possible. Do you understand?"

"No, no I don't. Will, what's going on?" I tried to grab the note out of his hand, but he just threw is across the room.

Quickly, he cupped my face and kissed me, passionately and not nearly long enough. "I don't have time to explain, but I need you to take this. For the love of God don't take it off Octavia." Will took off the chain that held his mother's wedding ring and clasped it around my neck in one easy motion. "Show that to Kaede, do what she says."

"Will stop you're scaring me, just tell me what's going on-," Before I could say anything else there was a pounding on the door and Will shoved me to the floor and out of the way. 

Within seconds the door was busted off of the hings and five men were rushing into the room, right onto Will. He fought hard and quick, but by the time he had two down the other three had him pinned against the floor.

"You're under arrest for three cases of murder. You are on trial by the order of the Command. The punishment for your crimes will be decided preceding your trail." One of the uniformed men spoke, detached and cold as he places metal cuffs around Will's wrists. 

I tried to lung towards him, but I was tackled down. Will yelled something to me, but the officer had me out cold before I could understand him.

I wouldn't see his beautiful eyes for a long time after.

Edited 9/22/2017