Dark

Palette's POV 

It's been ages since I last saw Goth. I'm so worried. I hope he is ok.

He said he was going on vacation with his family for a week. At least that's what he said one month ago.

I know I'm probably being stupid. Something probably came up, and he had to stay longer. He'd text me about it though... Right? Or.. Maybe he didn't pack a phone charger.. Or maybe he didn't even bring his phone at all! Or maybe he doesn't want to talk to me. God I hope not. I mean.. I'm his best friend! Right?

Riiiiiiiiiing!

Stupid alarm clock. I was trying to get Goth out of my head! Just for a moment I wish I didn't think about him. About his handsome face. His amazing personality. The words I wish I'd said before he left.

I love you.

I should've spoken up, like I always do. Why'd I bite my tongue and hold back the words I want to choke up, get out of my body like a poison. Why now. Why now did I choose to hide from what I want instead of taking it. Why now. I don't even know if I'll ever see Goth again. God I hope I do. I really want to see Goth again.

Anyways. Stupid alarm clock. I wish I owned a silent alarm clock. Or one that shut up on its own. Either works for me after all. It's the weekend, why do I even have it on? Whatever. I should sleep, I haven't all night after all. I've just been thinking about Goth. My hand hits the stop button and the room goes silent. To silent for my liking, so I plug my earbuds into my phone and play some music. Music that totally reflects my attitude towards life right now.

Crazy, but that's how it goes

Millions of people living as foes

Maybe. it's not too late

To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Mental wounds not healing

Life's a bitter shame

I'm goin' off the rails on a crazy train

I've listened to preachers,

I've listened to fools

I've watched all the dropouts

Who make their own rules

One person conditioned to rule and control

The media sells it and you live the role

Mental wounds still screaming

Driving me insane

I'm goin' off the rails on a crazy train

I know that things are going wrong for me

You gotta listen to my words, yeah, yeah

Heirs of a cold war,

That's what we've become

Inheriting troubles,

I'm mentally numb

Crazy, I just cannot bear

I'm living with something that just isn't fair

Mental wounds not healing